Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cancio: I'll Fight Davis In Baltimore, Trouble Him With Pressure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Why is Canciao talking about Tank Davis? It ain't gonna happen, and there's no need! IBF Champ Tevin Farmer is on DAZN! Cancio should be ringside, ready to challenge him in the post-fight! GBP also has WBO#1/WBA #4 Ryan Garcia in the stable, and they fight at the same weight! If Oscar is going to make Ryan Garcia a star, here's the chance! MAN UP! Lastly, Lamont Roach Jr. is WBO #2 at Super Featherweight! no need to cross the street! Plenty of action happening on your block!
    Because they both hold pieces of the same WBA Championship. The WBA screwed this up by creating 2 world champs after Machado knocked out the 1 and true world champ in the ring. They downgraded his status from Super to Regular, then made the Super vacant and on the line laughably for Davis against a Cuellar who was coming off a loss and 2 years without fighting and moving up in weight if that wasn't bad enough. Total disgrace by WBA. If we are being fair Cancio is the true champ he knocked out the man who knocked out the true champ. WBA should mandate both champs fight merge the belts and clean up this mess.

But in reality WBA probably won't and Cancio has options on DAZN and with Golden Boy like you mentioned. Those are more realistic fights. WBA will probably mandate Alvarado who is the WBA #1 ranked to fight Cancio instead of Davis. Or Cancio unifies with Farmer. If he is allowed a voluntary defense he fights a Golden Boy in house fighter like rematch with Jojo Diaz, Ryan Garcia, Roach ect.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Because they both hold pieces of the same WBA Championship. The WBA screwed this up by creating 2 world champs after Machado knocked out the 1 and true world champ in the ring. They downgraded his status from Super to Regular, then made the Super vacant and on the line laughably for Davis against a Cuellar who was coming off a loss and 2 years without fighting and moving up in weight if that wasn't bad enough. Total disgrace by WBA. If we are being fair Cancio is the true champ he knocked out the man who knocked out the true champ. WBA should mandate both champs fight merge the belts and clean up this mess.

But in reality WBA probably won't and Cancio has options on DAZN and with Golden Boy like you mentioned. Those are more realistic fights. WBA will probably mandate Alvarado who is the WBA #1 ranked to fight Cancio instead of Davis. Or Cancio unifies with Farmer. If he is allowed a voluntary defense he fights a Golden Boy in house fighter like rematch with Jojo Diaz, Ryan Garcia, Roach ect.
      They didn't force Machado vs. Davis, so I highly doubt they'll do Davis vs. Cancio. You're right, the other fights are more realistic! And some of them are good fights too! However, I looked it up, and Cancio KO'd Rene Alvarado in 8, in December 2015!

Comment

They didn't force Machado vs. Davis, so I highly doubt they'll do Davis vs. Cancio. You're right, the other fights are more realistic! And some of them are good fights too! However, I looked it up, and Cancio KO'd Rene Alvarado in 8, in December 2015!
        Yup Cancio already KO'd Alvarado but like Cancio they have both gotten much better since. Alvarado is on a impressive run himself he actually was rated higher then Cancio on every ranking you can find before Saturday. What's crazy is BOTH guys were beaten by JoJo Diaz who was considered featherfisted at 126 yet he KO'd Cancio and dropped Alvarado. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of either of those fights Cancio/Alvarado or Cancio/JoJo.
        Last edited by bigdunny1; 02-13-2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
          Pressure davis yeah lmao you might as well start ordering a pillow right now
          Davis will score another early KO in my opinion. He hits way harder than a 130 pound boxer is supposed to hit. He punches like a hard punching welterweight and I doubt anyone beats him at 130.

Comment

Yup Cancio already KO'd Alvarado but like Cancio they have both gotten much better since. Alvarado is on a impressive run himself he actually was rated higher then Cancio on every ranking you can find before Saturday. What's crazy is BOTH guys were beaten by JoJo Diaz who was considered featherfisted at 126 yet he KO'd Cancio and dropped Alvarado. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of either of those fights Cancio/Alvarado or Cancio/JoJo.
            I'm good with Jo Jo Diaz or Lamont Roach Jr.! Just because I said that, it will be the Alvarado rematch!

Comment

I'm good with Jo Jo Diaz or Lamont Roach Jr.! Just because I said that, it will be the Alvarado rematch!
              Another dark horse opponent is Francisco Vargas. That Machado/Vargas fight was supposed to happen then last minute Vargas turned it down to fight Berchelt for his title instead. Vargas was going to be a underdog against both guys but he was offered more money against Berchelt. Well Berchelt just got injured and they have no new date yet. If I'm Vargas who is also with Golden Boy I jump at the title shot against Cancio who he would be favored over. If he wins he can always unify and fight Berchelt later in the year. Vargas vs Cancio on the undercard of Canelo/Jacobs on Cinco de Mayo.

Comment

Another dark horse opponent is Francisco Vargas. That Machado/Vargas fight was supposed to happen then last minute Vargas turned it down to fight Berchelt for his title instead. Vargas was going to be a underdog against both guys but he was offered more money against Berchelt. Well Berchelt just got injured and they have no new date yet. If I'm Vargas who is also with Golden Boy I jump at the title shot against Cancio who he would be favored over. If he wins he can always unify and fight Berchelt later in the year. Vargas vs Cancio on the undercard of Canelo/Jacobs on Cinco de Mayo.
                I thought of that too, but they said the fight (Berchelt vs. Vargas) is still on, despite the postponement. If i'm Oscar (DAZN) I would pull the plug on that, and have Cancio vs. Vargas on DAZN!

Comment

Fight whoever brings the most $$$ before its too late!

You hit the jackpot against Machado. Make the mo$t of it.

Do it for your kids!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    Ryan Garcia moved up and fights at 135 now cause he said it was difficult to make 130 so IDK why the WBO still has him ranked at 130...??
                    But you're right, Cancio can fight Alvarado or Lamont Roach Jr, or even JoJo Diaz so he has plenty of options within his own stable...
                    Plus, JoJo already stopped Cancio at 126, so I'm sure it's a fight JoJo would gladly take for a world title. And Golden Boy desperately wants to get Diaz a title too. So I can see it happening soon.
                    Last edited by SamLangfordFan; 02-13-2019, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
                      Pressure davis yeah lmao you might as well start ordering a pillow right now
                      Good one.
                      Green K.

Comment

Working...
                      X