Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Ward-Golovkin, Joshua-VADA, Gervonta Davis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    Cmon man. You should be old enough to know that "reported" are all just gossip rumours vs official.

The fact of the matter is, even tough many of you GGG fans are always in denial or just gullible, but GGG's frame and rehydration is not the same as his early days on HBO up to 2016. Why is it so hard for you guys to accept that it's OK for fighters to have difficulty with rehydration as they age?! It's not a sin nor is damaging news. It's OK! As boxers age it's more difficult for them to make weight. Look multiple division champs in their EARLY or YOUNGER days, it's common sense their metabolism is STRONGER and FASTER than later years.

All this GGG is on average 170-172 has been played out since 2013, as if it would erroneously need to be said in 2019 for a guy who's 37. Again, GGG has been sweating and looking unhealthy in his late pressers for good reason. You guys don't know that GGG has to maintain a weight during fight week, calculated, for the scales. That takes a toll on the body, and low and behold, "fighters get sick" (immune system) if they're too dehydrated. How many times has GGG been reported or looked sick during pressers? Coincidence?

Abel Sanchez said GGG could fight Kovalev at 175. Gennady was in his 33 when Abel said this. You think Abel thinks GGG would find it hard to "acclimate" to 168 this late at his age? GGG is easily a 168 fighter. Truax Eubank Jr., these guys are already 168 because it's not hard to fight there even though they come off looking skinnier in frame than GGG.

Again, Pavlik, younger than GGG or the same age, would gain lbs to 178 against Martinez. Pavlik on the Joe Rogan show said that GGG rehydrates to 175-180lbs.

Don't be suckered. HBO, as years progressed, casually didn't show GGG's official fight night weights for good reason. You're not obligated to. Weight disclosure isn't in the rules of boxing. That's a network made initiative, and if you're "reporting" things unofficially then you have the ability to exploit lies because those opinions could be retracted and say "well that's what we were told."

And again, the fact that Canelo had acclimated to 160 yet was neck to neck or in my opion 2-3lbs lighter than GGG, proves that Canelo at 155 was never the same rehydrated Canelo against GGG. Therefore, whatever fake news that Canelo was "walking around" or on fight night then you would easily apply that Golovkin. Those are physical rules not theory.
    When GGG was fighting 3-4 a year it was easier to make weight then fighting 1-2 times a year.

Comment

Regarding bread's assessment of Kovalev, especially in regards to Kov Ward 1.

Kovalev won that fight. It appears on Ward's record as a win and on Kov's as a loss, but anybody, and I mean ANYBODY who has any interest in being taken seriously as a fair and analytical observer of the sport, has to concede that Kov was robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        i didn't watch it live!
        You should go watch it. Ward was huffing and puffing. Ive never seen him that pissed??? I did hear he punked the sht out ggg at a party in Cali a few years back when ggg was popping off at the mouth. After that GGG wouldnt say Wards name ever again. Their was an interview where he kind of admitted it. And Ward was very disrespectful to him and called him names and cussed at him...Ive been trying find that interview again but cant.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
          Regarding bread's assessment of Kovalev, especially in regards to Kov Ward 1.

Kovalev won that fight. It appears on Ward's record as a win and on Kov's as a loss, but anybody, and I mean ANYBODY who has any interest in being taken seriously as a fair and analytical observer of the sport, has to concede that Kov was robbed.
          Im HUGE Ward and Canelo fan but both lost their 1st fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
            To be fair to alot of posters on this site the articles aren't exactly A grade either.
            Breadman is the exception of course.
            Dougie Fisch is really good also. His Monday and Friday articles are awesome. Followed with Breads Saturday/Sunday.

Fat Dan isnt to bad but he tends to not keep it real and gets too emotional at times. And he NEVER calls Lying Double Dippin Bob out.

Max is a DRUNK. I cant STAND him and Braindead Atlas who is soo fkn disrespectful to fighters

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
              Then how come you always up on that white guy’s nuts on the other site?

LMBO AT THIS CLOWN 🤡! You on ma Dix so bad that you follow ma movements and sound jealous! I’m not interested in being your father, nor am I gay! Rejection they say isn’t easy but you should be used to it by now. I’m not gone take you to the park and throw around the football, nor am I going to teach you the fine art of getting Bytches, I’m certainly not gone let you Blow me! So how about you get off ma Nutz that way you don’t have to be jealous anymore.....OH AN GET SOME HELP SKIDMARK!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                When GGG was fighting 3-4 a year it was easier to make weight then fighting 1-2 times a year.
                Of course, most definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Im HUGE Ward and Canelo fan but both lost their 1st fights.
                  Ward was not my fave by any means but I respect what he accomplished. Would have liked him to have tested himself more, but he has a wife and kids and money and ultimately he left with his health after a good (short) career.

But yes, he got some help there from the judges. Still gave a great account of himself and I woulda loved to see if GGG could do 168 how that would've gone down. Also, Stevenson and Beterbiev too, although Stevenson was just as inactive as Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrell1555 View Post
                    LMBO AT THIS CLOWN ��! You on ma Dix so bad that you follow ma movements and sound jealous! I’m not interested in being your father, nor am I gay! Rejection they say isn’t easy but you should be used to it by now. I’m not gone take you to the park and throw around the football, nor am I going to teach you the fine art of getting Bytches, I’m certainly not gone let you Blow me! So how about you get off ma Nutz that way you don’t have to be jealous anymore.....OH AN GET SOME HELP SKIDMARK!
                    Damn, you moozies always talking about some gay stuff

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
                      Damn, you moozies always talking about some gay stuff
                      Lil girl you so worried about me that you tell lies and follow my movements on other sites! You so stupid you don’t even realize the dumb crap you say. Wasn’t it you who out of all the great information Bread writes choose to come after me for giving him a complement? You said some dumb crap about me being on some white writers nutz...those are your words! Accusing a man of being on someone’s nutz because they enjoy someone’s writing is gay. You took it there and don’t even realize the stupid crap you start cause you so obsessed with me! And your a lier! Paul Magno isn’t White stupid! But let’s say he was, if he’s a good writer I will give a white writer props on they work! You see unlike you you I don’t try to take away from another persons skills and accomplishments when I don’t like them personally. As much as a silly little Moozy like you is on my jock you have to be very gay, yah racist TROGLODYTE BYTCH!
                      Last edited by Terrell1555; 02-11-2019, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X