Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some interesting points for those calling AJ a coward and saying he's ducking Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares your boy's a b1tch.

Comment

I am pretty sure Joshua fights Wilder at some point in the future, honestly no matter how things play out now there is some money in that fight beyond what an average fight could bring.

Joshua ended up looking kind of suspect through his own actions and Hearn doing his things, and Wilder's side to a degree took advantage and probably came out a bit ahead in the whole ordeal. Which will help him make some extra cash, but really isn't that crucial.

I pretty much guarantee they are going to fight down the road, so while it is fun to talk a bit of smack the fight is pretty much on course as it was intended to be so not that big of a deal really.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Coward is too far, but it's clear as day that Hearn/Joshua didn't really want that fight next.

The plan was to get the pub, offer Wilder short money (since "all the money is in the UK"), have Wilder say no to the short money, and fight Povetkin instead, before maybe fighting Wilder after ithay.

Wilder's camp shows up with $50m for Joshua, and the plan goes to ****.
        Yeah that was a PR disaster and you will notice Joshua went quiet after that. No doubt hearn instructed him to do this. What I will say is that a 50m offer but with no contract and a 24h timeline suggests that Wilders camp werent serious either. I have seen a lot of point scoring from both sides tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
          Easiest way of looking at it is that anyone who sits behind a keyboard calling professional boxers cowards is either a child, an idiot or a coward themselves. I just dismiss each and every poster that comes out with that kind of drivel as not worth bothering about and try and converse with the adults instead.
          Yeah I totally agree

Comment

The problem with AJ fans trying to cast shade at Wilder's resume is that Deontay fought and beat Ortiz, who AJ avoided not once but twice and who Dillian Whyte just passed on (and risked getting his WBC Silver belt stripped) to fight Parker.

And now AJ is fighting Povetkin, who is only ranked higher than Ortiz because of Luis's KO loss to Wilder

Comment

just ignore them mate, they are gonna believe what they want to believe. let them and the rest of the LDBC lot live in their fantasy worlds

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                They're usually mentioned in response to people comparing Joshua unfavourably with Wilder and implying that he lacks courage and ambition in his choices of opponents. Given that Wilder's resume is very poor, that he's fought twice as many times as Joshua and there's a startling lack of top rated opponents, even after he won his belt it's pertinent to make the comparison.

Unless you have a seat within Team Joshua it's impossible to say this with any certainty.
                nobody at HW has this killer resume, outside of klits who lost already to fury and was out for a while at 41, you have parker who is decent but hasn't beat anyone, takaam a decent fighter who beat no one, whyte who is overrated by uk fans for obvious reasons, and a few other decent names. if you want to use the aj did more in 21 fights argument then ill agree. he has done more with less time but nobody at HW has a great resume. if it wasn't for drug cheats and failed test wilder would have better names and momentum but for some reason this fact is never taken into consideration! there is no glaring difference from aj and wilders resume, but yes in 21 fights aj has done more in less time. when speaking of a fight between the 2 none of what they have done will matter. it will be man vs man. that was my point.
                there simply aren't enough big names at HW to brag on a resume and say aj fights "killers" and wilder "bums".

Anyone in their right mind including you would take 50mil+ for a fight, hearn has a business to run so of course he got in AJs ear along with everyone else telling him not to fight wilder next, its why he was muzzled until now to speak on this fight. the fact fans are siding with this "he can make 50 mil in 3 fights" argument is quite sad. we as fans should be demanding the best fighting the best, not hiding behind business and promoters arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
                  whoever you want to blame in the end we got strung along and disappointed and that's the reason for the finger pointing. It would be spiteful to wish that Joshua or Wilder loses before April 2019 but if it doesn't happen in 2019 then fans will become more bitter about it. It's like that futurama meme, just take my damn money already!
                  I think this is a key point and why both camps should share blame. Ultimately a lot of posing but no substance.

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
                    If Joshua takes the fight now, and gets knocked out, then everyone will question Hearn saying Why did you take the fight now? Why not let it marinate while Joshua gets more experienced? Because he is taking Povetkin first, that opened the door for Warren to question him over that. So only time will tell what will happen next.
                    I'm against this notion that the fight needs to marinate. Joshua has fought plenty of tough opponents that should make him ready for this fight now. If anything Wilder is the one who isn't really tested yet (if you look at who he has fought at least)

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                      I'm against this notion that the fight needs to marinate. Joshua has fought plenty of tough opponents that should make him ready for this fight now. If anything Wilder is the one who isn't really tested yet (if you look at who he has fought at least)
                      Well I've said before that Joshua is the younger, the long term project, and Wilder isn't going to get much better than he is already. It's more pressing for Wilder to make a move now you would think but maybe conventional wisdom will prove useless in the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X