Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could be one boxer who woudl you be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could be one boxer who woudl you be?

I would be Marvelous Marvin Hagler.
    I'd have done everything the hard way so no debate on whether I deserved a shot at champion etc. I would have performed in one of the most enthralling rounds of boxing ever, thought by many to be the best middleweight ever.
    Retire from boxing as it started to crumble and never looked back I was also unscathed after the boxing ring with no damage done. I would then live a peaceful life in Italy while making movies. Regarded as one of the toughest obxers ever who never ducked anyone.
    Last edited by Barn; 08-12-2010, 05:29 AM.

Oscar de la hoya.

Made the most money.

Comment

Oscar is a good choice:

Gorgeous wife

Tonnes of money

Good looking

Intelligent and articulate

Left boxing with his faculties and a thriving promotional company

And not a bad career to look back on either!

Comment

Roy Jones Jr or Sam langford. for there talent!

Comment

Originally posted by BalboaCreed View Post
          Roy Jones Jr or Sam langford. for there talent!
          Langford, really ?, for a lot of his career he was half blind and he retired homeless and there's only very little footage of him to see his skill.
          Plus being born in that very racist era, he'd be one of the last people I'd think of.
          Last edited by NChristo; 08-11-2010, 02:14 PM.

Comment

A white Hagler, who would also fight as an SMW and LHW. White because of the stupid people not recognizing his skill, will and heart. He would beat prime Calzaghe and all the others.

Comment

A short career between the ropes, meaning I'd stay healthy. Then being owner and editor-in-chief of The Ring magazine during its golden age, traveling around and watching the great fights live ...

... Nat Fleischer is the boxer I had preferred to be! (He did fight as an amateur.)

Comment

A strong boxer who knocked out everybody and retired undefeated. Hagler's a good choice, but maybe go into the Leonard fight with a better strategy and fight more aggressively and with De La Hoya, fight hard against Trinidad every round, so you don't get screwed by a bad decision and also avoid cross dressing, so those embarrassing pictures don't show up in the news years later.

If I had to pick a real life guy, maybe Marciano, but don't take that last flight that caused his crash or Holyfield, but get a vasectomy at some point, so I don't have to fight until I'm damn near 50 to support so many kids. Or maybe Calzaghe, but fight all the best opponents, so nobody could complain about me ducking anyone or having a weak resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  If I had to pick a real life guy, maybe Marciano, but don't take that last flight that caused his crash.
                  Marciano struck my mind, but being hooked on the TV-series Mayday/Air Crash Investigations, I ruled him out.

Comment

Brandon Rios.

Comment

Working...
                    X