No announcement yet.

Manny got robbed,Kovalev got robbed,GGG got robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Manny was robbed against Bradley. He was NOT robbed against Floyd and anyone who thinks he was is fuckin brain dead. I didn't see the Horn fight.

Kovalev should've gotten the decision against Ward but I wouldn't call it a robbery because the fight was close and the judges had it close. I just think you can make a better case for Kovalev winning.

Golovkin was robbed by Adalaide Byrd with that 10-2 score, the other scores were fine. In the second fight against Canelo, literally every round was close and some were damn near impossible to score. I had no problem with 7-5 either way or a draw. No robbery there.

That's my two cents.
    Agree with all of this.

Comment

• There were only a few people crying robbery in May-Pac. The vast majority had no issue with the decision.

Kov-Ward 1 was very close, but rnd10 scoring+KD should have been the difference. Second fight the crying is about lowblows, not scores. Kov was losing that fight, doesn't mean that was how it should have ended.

Golovkin won both fights in the eyes of the vast majority.

You're looking for something that isn't there. If the balls bounced the other way (If Kov got 1st fight and Golovkin had 2 wins), nobody would be making this reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Manny was robbed against Bradley. He was NOT robbed against Floyd and anyone who thinks he was is fuckin brain dead. I didn't see the Horn fight.

Kovalev should've gotten the decision against Ward but I wouldn't call it a robbery because the fight was close and the judges had it close. I just think you can make a better case for Kovalev winning.

Golovkin was robbed by Adalaide Byrd with that 10-2 score, the other scores were fine. In the second fight against Canelo, literally every round was close and some were damn near impossible to score. I had no problem with 7-5 either way or a draw. No robbery there.

That's my two cents.
        let me guess cause the compubox numbers? floyd wasnt landing clean punches. pac was. it really was one of the easier fights to score when you analyze the footage. it wasn't a pac-marquez type of fight where both guys are landing a bunch of solid shots and you basically have to pick which shots you like better. it was pac landed some clean flush shots that clearly moved floyd and floyd landed none of those with maybe some lil grazing jabs and maybe a lil pushed hook with the inside of the glove(not legal) its not too hard to see a winner when you put that into your dead brain

did pac clearly win 7 rounds? no. but 6 yes(3,4,6,7,9,10) with a couple other rounds being very close in quality and quantity. at worst it was a draw but then again if you more liberally score even rounds or 10-8 rounds for dominant rounds that heavily favors pac as well. so yes it was a poor decision but nobody really cares cause it was a poor fight that didn't mean much
        Last edited by daggum; 09-24-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          let me guess cause the compubox numbers? floyd wasnt landing clean punches. pac was. it really was one of the easier fights to score when you analyze the footage. it wasn't a pac-marquez type of fight where both guys are landing a bunch of solid shots and you basically have to pick which shots you like better. it was pac landed some clean flush shots that viably moved floyd and floyd landed none of those with maybe some lil grazing jabs and maybe a lil pushed hook with the inside of the glove(not legal) thats not too hard to see a winner when you put that into your dead brain

did pac clearly win 7 rounds? no. but 6 yes(3,4,6,7,9,10) with a couple other rounds being very close in quality and quantity. at worst it was a draw but then again if you more liberally score even rounds or 10-8 rounds for dominant rounds that heavily favors pac as well. so yes it was a poor decision but nobody really cares cause it was a poor fight that didn't mean much

good grief.

Comment

that's not true i'm riding with holyfield! we both know the truth!
            Same here...

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
              good grief.
              the video is out there. hey if you dont want to watch thats ok but its been shown. clean punches always deserve to win. doesnt always turn out that way and sometimes reputation and ilusion wins out

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                I dont mean any harm but why is it the same group of people(if you look at their post history) always screaming robbery when the fighter they support loses?? I can't say all as some left and came back with alts but if you do the research the same damn posters jump fighter to fighter and scream robbery each damn time!!!
                Larry do you really believe Bradley beat Pacquiao?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  the first ward fight was close but most people thought kovalev won, including me. i was there, and you will not find a more involved andre ward fan on this forum. 12 round fight with a knockdown, guy who got dropped has gotta make it up and i didn't feel like ward won enough rounds to do that. so did most media, and almost every fan in the building but those cards are not perfect because it's tough to see from anywhere but ringside [you can give a better card from home than you can from the bleachers, and honestly, i've gotten better seats at home than i did in some cases when i had credentials and sat on press row.]

second ward fight was an asskicking, the boxer had figured out the puncher and was tattooing him. yeah, the stoppage was BS and time should have been given to kovalev, but he was getting stopped anyway and you know it. he'd been figured out.

as for canelo, the first fight rubbed people the wrong way because of the bogus scorecard that had canelo up by something like 8 rounds. so they called it a robbery. in reality that was a close fight with an awful, blatantly corrupt scorecard.

regarding the second canelo fight, people are being unreasonable. canelo and GBP have gotten a huge backlash for conduct over the years [we can start with byrd's scorecard,] and it's led to a lot of people becoming emotionally hijacked and unable to score a boxing match. for starters, a close fight is not a robbery. that was a close fight and the scorecards reflected that. one judge had a draw, two had canelo ahead. i thought canelo looked the better fighter, that golovkin looked old, and took his first beating. golovkin and his trainer knew he lost. golovkin booked it right out of the ring FFS, and abel SAID HE LOST.

vegas odds are going to reflect all of this, mark my words. golovkin will be a sizable underdog in the next fight. maybe as far as 2-1.
                  I truly cannot fathom how a rational person sees any difference between an "awful, blatently corrupt scorecard" and a robbery in the first GGG/Canelo fight.

It was that blatently corrupt scorecard that turned the result into a majority draw and robbed GGG of the victory he deserved.

I also disagree strongly with what you saying about the second fight. The majority of people who watched it thought that GGG should have won, and so did Golovkin and Abel - who has never said that he thought GGG lost .

Golovkin left the ring after the decision was announced because he didn't agree with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    PRIDE! Also not use to seeing Greatness Represent them on such a large stage that when they finally get ONE they over hype them and will try to get everyone that will listen to believe that "My Guy Is The Greatest Ever Better Than Hagler, Ali, Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong...". So after building this hype, and after their guy lose the "Men" turn back into BOYS and make excuses like: "Robbery!" "Rigged!" "PED's!" "VADA Testing!" "Judges!"

When your guy fall, be a f_cking man, admit defeat and move on and hope your guy bounce back. True fans can point out their favorite fighter flaw and point out what he did not do and what he could've done better to assure the win
                    Like what .. pay the ref and the judges more than the other guy?

Comment

the video is out there. hey if you dont want to watch thats ok but its been shown. clean punches always deserve to win. doesnt always turn out that way and sometimes reputation and ilusion wins out

the video?

you mean video of the fight that everybody but ardent / senile pacquiao fans scored for mayweather?

don't act like you are not a partisan shill. don't. you don't know boxing if you scored that fight for pacquiao. you're a humorous element on this forum and nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                      X