No announcement yet.

Number of Punches Determines a Winner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Well, we're agreed that we're both wasting our time here at least. As for scoring a fight? I know how to score a fight just as well as you or most of the other posters on here - I'm just mature enough to understand that my opinion isn't the only valid one... anyways. Later, man.
    Scoring a round is not based on opinion. Scoring a round is based on who did the most damage, based on quantity and quality of punches.

Either you know who did the most damage or you don't. There is only one right answer. Unless they landed the same exact number of punches in exactly the same way, one fighter did more damage than the other.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 09-24-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by eternalfighter View Post
      Exactly, these ggg fanboys are ridiculous!
      When GGG was the killer and doing damage and knocking out every tomato can and bum in mismatches they were fine with how pro boxing is scored. Now that he finally fights good fighters and struggling, losing fights all a sudden we have to change how boxing has always scored and judged fights to help GGG out?

hey folks I cracked the code let me show you how we really need to do this so GGG really doesn't get penalized for getting his face broke, walked down by the smaller man, dominated in power punches landed and still win just look at the blackboard simple...see GGG won LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
        Scoring a round is not based on opinion. Scoring a round is based on who did the most damage, based on quantity and quality of punches.

Either you know who did the most damage or you don't. There is only one right answer. Unless they landed the same exact number of punches in exactly the same way, one fighter did more damage than the other.
        We're going round in circles, man. Who did the most damage and had the most clean and more damaging punches is a matter of opinion - especially when one guy lands more shots be the other guys appears to land cleaner shots. If it wasn't then everybody would score all fights the same. Once again I'm not calling you on how you score fights but on the claim that your scores are always right and more specifically the ONLY right ones. We ALL have intrinsic biases and predispositions that colour every aspect of how we perceive things - yeah, you too. You might see think that a particular punch rocked someone to their boots but ask someone else about the same punch and they might have thought it didn't have any major effect. Who is right in this case? Of course you believe that you are - we all do - but proving it is another matter which is why we have troikas of judges and why we poll stuff.

Comment

Did you have this "vision" about changing how the sport works when ggg beat Jacobs?
          GGG outlanded Jacobs 231-175.

What are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            We're going round in circles, man. Who did the most damage and had the most clean and more damaging punches is a matter of opinion - especially when one guy lands more shots be the other guys appears to land cleaner shots. If it wasn't then everybody would score all fights the same. Once again I'm not calling you on how you score fights but on the claim that your scores are always right and more specifically the ONLY right ones. We ALL have intrinsic biases and predispositions that colour every aspect of how we perceive things - yeah, you too. You might see think that a particular punch rocked someone to their boots but ask someone else about the same punch and they might have thought it didn't have any major effect. Who is right in this case? Of course you believe that you are - we all do - but proving it is another matter which is why we have troikas of judges and why we poll stuff.
            Excellent post, man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
              GGG outlanded Jacobs 231-175.

What are you talking about?
              Right...he also went forward and was the aggressor, it seemed he dictated the pace and he dropped him...all that scored for Golovkin not just output. Not the case in this last fight, canelo landed more power shots, worked the body more and went forward most of the time and seemed to dictate the pace. Canelo also bobs and weaves alot and all that scores in the pros not just output...quality, defense, effective aggression, ring generalship and of course knock downs...now do you understand the difference between the pros and the amateurs? I hope so...

Comment

Right...he also went forward and was the aggressor, it seemed he dictated the pace and he dropped him...all that scored for Golovkin not just output. Not the case in this last fight, canelo landed more power shots, worked the body more and went forward most of the time and seemed to dictate the pace. Canelo also bobs and weaves alot and all that scores in the pros not just output...quality, defense, effective aggression, ring generalship and of course knock downs...now do you understand the difference between the pros and the amateurs? I hope so...
                I understand that most seem to have different opinions on here on how to score a pro fight, as do you and as do I. If you go with punches landed, you have a measurable, objective basis for scoring points. As things stand, you don't. Once again(Damn it takes a lot of repetition here), you're looking at an opinion instead of an objective, measurable number.

Comment

I understand that most seem to have different opinions on here on how to score a pro fight, as do you and as do I. If you go with punches landed, you have a measurable, objective basis for scoring points. As things stand, you don't. Once again(Damn it takes a lot of repetition here), you're looking at an opinion instead of an objective, measurable number.
                  Ok, I see you don't understand why the pros scoring system is set up the way it is.

Comment

Ok, I see you don't understand why the pros scoring system is set up the way it is.
                    Oh I think I know why.

When opinions detrmine a winner, well, that's quite an asset. I'm sure you can see that.

Comment

Oh I think I know why.

When opinions detrmine a winner, well, that's quite an asset. I'm sure you can see that.
                      Opinions dont a certain criteria does like I told you 3 times already...if it were set up like you say a really fast fighter could go and slap and tap a rival for half a fight then run around for the rest of the fight because he's ahead on points and win a bout by running for half of the time...most fight fans wouldn't want to watch that and it wouldn't sell as much. If thats your idea of winning fights go watch the amateurs.

Comment

Working...
                      X