No announcement yet.

Mayweather wants to pass “El Finito” López’s 51-0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    It's dumb as hell but Floyd has been a boxer his entire life, that's all he knows. Boxing is such a big part of his identity. It's very difficult to some former athletes to adapt and adjust to a normal life when they retire. That adrenaline rush, limelight and to be the centre of attention is what they want back, it's probably like a heavy drug.
    I'm sure it is but he's going to go to the well one too many times and the unbeaten shlt is over. Sure, folks will say he only lost because he was old, but the "0" looks prettier than the "1" according to his fans' logic. Plus, damage you take in your 40s has to be worse than earlier I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
      Mayweather is 50-0 (26 KO), which was significant because he passed Rocky Marciano’s 49-0.

Ricardo “El Finito” López retired:

51 wins (38 KO), 0 losses and 1 draw.

The 1 draw was López’s 48th fight, and it ended in the seventh round because of an accidental headbutt. However, the draw was “avenged” in an immediate rematch.

Mayweather has talked about a rematch with Pacquiao that would put him to 51-0. But now he’s talking about a possible tune-up fight beforehand, which would put him at 52-0.

I think the only reason Mayweather is taking a tune-up is so he can pass López.
      So he never said this, you just think he cares about Finito's "record?"

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post

TBE has floyd all in his feels.
        This guy is the real reason Floyd wants to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
          It's dumb as hell but Floyd has been a boxer his entire life, that's all he knows. Boxing is such a big part of his identity. It's very difficult for some former athletes to adapt and adjust to a normal life when they retire. That adrenaline rush, limelight and to be the centre of attention is what they want back, it's probably like a heavy drug.
          Roy Jones wasnt a boxer his entire life?

Comment

I doubt Mayweather even knows who the F_ck that is honestly

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
              Whatever.
              He's coming back b/c he lost $50M in gambling.
              If you quote Incarcerated Bob then you should be banned

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                So he never said this, you just think he cares about Finito's "record?"
                Lmao that’s all this website is. A bunch of gossip no facts

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                  ohh so NOW they recognizing lopez' 51-0 record that Mayweather is in need of some cash to pay the IRS. haha
                  51-0-1
                  IRS? Must be confused with Pacquio

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                    I'm sure it is but he's going to go to the well one too many times and the unbeaten shlt is over. Sure, folks will say he only lost because he was old, but the "0" looks prettier than the "1" according to his fans' logic. Plus, damage you take in your 40s has to be worse than earlier I would think.

That "0" was such a huge part of his image and millions of people followed his career to finally see him lose. Floyd got the last laugh, he won. You'd think he should be happy and ride off into the sunset but now he wants to come back and jeopardize his undefeated record.

If he comes back I wouldn't be surprised if he suffers his first loss. He got the perfect ending but there are few fairy tales in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      I doubt Mayweather even knows who the F_ck that is honestly
                      I’m sure Mayweather knows who Finito López is. There was a three year period where they were both undefeated champions at the same time. (1998-2001)

Comment

Working...
                      X