Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does clean punching, ring generalship, and defense only matter when Mayweather fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does clean punching, ring generalship, and defense only matter when Mayweather fights

..?

I saw a fighter this weekend control the ring, show superior defense, and land the cleaner/harder shots (higher percentage of shots) and the Boo birds are still crying...

Anyways thats part of the reason boxing gets a bad look. Its like this weekend was about who was more Mexican vs. boxings "supposed" rules...

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    ..?

I saw a fighter this weekend control the ring, show superior defense, and land the cleaner/harder shots (higher percentage of shots) and the Boo birds are still crying...

Anyways thats part of the reason boxing gets a bad look. Its like this weekend was about who was more Mexican vs. boxings "supposed" rules...
    Look at the punch stats. At the end of Mayweather's fights he lands more punches than his opponent. Yes and that includes jabs. In his fight with Canelo he landed a lot of jabs and I assure you each of them counted as a scoring blow. Canelo has come out on the short end of the punch count in both of his fights with Golovkin. It's a double standard.

Comment

No you have to score fights differently based on what they say pre fight, duh. And don’t forget you automatically lose rounds when your face swells up

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Look at the punch stats. At the end of Mayweather's fights he lands more punches than his opponent. Yes and that includes jabs. In his fight with Canelo he landed a lot of jabs and I assure you each of them counted as a scoring blow. Canelo has come out on the short end of the punch count in both of his fights with Golovkin. It's a double standard.

What was that now?
        Last edited by kushking; 09-17-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

What was that now?
          What the heck are you trying to say?? I'm talking about the Canelo fight and your talking about two other fights. I guess your trying to say Mayweather doesn't use his jab as his main punch. I agree and it's common knowledge but he does use it and they are counted as scoring punches.
          Last edited by TonyGe; 09-17-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

What the heck are you trying to say?? I'm talking about the Canelo fight and your talking about two other fights. I guess your trying to say Mayweather doesn't use his jab as his main punch. I agree and it's common knowledge but he does use it and they are counted as scoring punches.
            Its not only scoring punches as in number, the judges see the power within the shots landed and then the effect of the punches which in turn moves into the area of ring generalship and defense, effective aggression etc, they are all elements of fighting that judges score and why close fights are really hard to score as there is always a variable that don't add up, Id like to see 5 judges in big fights the other 2 in a closed room watching the broadcast.

Comment

You know god damn well what im trying to say,read your comment again & then see the compubox that shows your wrong.

Comment

There will always be dumbass fake fan dickriders and true students of the game.

Everyone here is showing who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  No you have to score fights differently based on what they say pre fight, duh. And don’t forget you automatically lose rounds when your face swells up
                  Lol...even hbo was stuck on that narrative of who was "supposed" to do what, instead of what was actually going on in there. Ggg took his share of shots and looked sloppy as hell, but he actually boxed better. His defense looks disorganized, but he was managing to avoid getting hit cleanly in the exchanges for the most part...to the head anyway. When people give it some time and watch the fight again in that context, they may not feel so strongly about Canelo winning...if they're honest with themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    ..?

Clean effective punches is the only criteria that matters when it comes to scoring

Ring generalship is some ambiguous **** that means nothing in the end

Defense doesn't count at all...you don't get points by making your opponent fail, no matter what the fans of featherfisted "slick" fighters like Floyd claim

Floyd outlanded his opponents and even his fluffy jabs were counted as power punches by judges, that's how he won for the last decade

Comment

Working...
                    X