Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: GGG's Power Respectable, But I Showed I Can Take It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    when Hopkins gets stripped for ducking his mando, get back to me

come on man, Golovkin defended the bullshht WBA junior title lol

against guys a LOT worse than the opponents you are criticizing

get some pride
    Well I also don't remember Hopkins being signed up for a big fight and then having his opponent get popped for using peds and then pulling out with less than a month to go. I do remember Canelo getting stripped for not facing a mandatory that he knew about for a year and still chose not to fight though. As much as vanes was a trash opponent, he still did better in his first fight vs lara than Canelo did. He just didn't have the paid off judges to help him out. He also had close fights with Andrade and then fought charlo. It'll take 5 yrs before Canelo steps in the ring with those guys.
    Last edited by Jab jab boom; 08-18-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post
      Funny how no one ever talks **** about Hagler for doing the same thing...
      haggler resume is much better..

Comment

• Originally posted by KO MX View Post
        So, are you accepting that the fight was close and might be called a draw?
        F* NO!
        What part of gift is not clear to you!
        GGG 7-5 all day won that fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
          haggler resume is much better..
          That wasn't your argument.

Notice how you never said anything about Hopkins. Hopkins was the clear cut guy at MW and his resume wasn't much better than Golovkin's at similar time until Tito stepped up. If you are consistent than you should at least say Hopkins should have stepped up prior to the Tito fight and DLH fight (years later).

BTW as I said I had no problem with Hopkins staying at MW. I'm just countering this silly argument of yours. And I'm sure if Golovkin were to move up now after the Canelo fight you'd be one of those guys screaming he is ducking Saunders, Charlo, Derevy, Jacobs . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Catrin View Post
            F* NO!
            What part of gift is not clear to you!
            GGG 7-5 all day won that fight!
            Haha, ok what a 115-113 robbery

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
              Well I also don't remember Hopkins being signed up for a big fight and then having his opponent get popped for using peds and then pulling out with less than a month to go. I do remember Canelo getting stripped for not facing a mandatory that he knew about for a year and still chose not to fight though. As much as vanes was a trash opponent, he still did better in his first fight vs lara than Canelo did. He just didn't have the paid off judges to help him out. He also had close fights with Andrade and then fought charlo. It'll take 5 yrs before Canelo steps in the ring with those guys.
              Canelo never got stripped he dropped the belt it was ggg who got stripped for fighting in an unsanctioned fight

Comment

• Originally posted by omh View Post
                Canelo never got stripped he dropped the belt it was ggg who got stripped for fighting in an unsanctioned fight
                you want to get into semantics? He dropped the belt because he was about to get stripped because he didn't want to fight his mandatory. Ggg was stripped for not fighting somebody with 3 weeks notice when the Canelo fight fell out. Plus ggg, has multiple titles that he's held for yrs. Eventually it'd be impossible to satisfy every organization. Canelo had 1 single belt and dropped it out of fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post

clown-boy.....

Canelo fought the 4 best JMW's CONSECUTIVELY.....

then he fought a supposed killer in his fight real fight at middleweight

Golovkin has avoided any kind of threat, and happily tip-toed through the tulips..... being stripped for ducking his mando in the process

and you, in your wisdom..... have decided to criticize Hopkins and Canelo..... what a fkn fanboy muppet lol

you LITERALLY wouldn't know a good fighter if he punched you in the face

thank god Hypekin, and his fkn idiot fans, will be gone soon

Comment

Golovkin has avoided any kind of threat, and happily tip-toed through the tulips..... being stripped for ducking his mando in the process
                    I can give it up to Saul for fighting Trout, Lara, FMJ & Cotto...but can you do the same for GGG fighting Lemieux, Jacobs, Canelo x2 & trying to fight Cotto & BJS?

Canelo had nowhere to run in the summer of 2017 with tough match-ups looming at JMW. Only fought one guy in the top 10 at that time. He chose the better money in GGG since all posed high risk.

July 2017 TBRB rankings
                    Middleweight
                    Champion: Open
                    1. Gennady Golovkin
                    2. Saul Alvarez - draw
                    3. Daniel Jacobs - beat
                    4. David Lemieux - KO'd
                    5. Billy Joe Saunders - declined twice
                    6. Avtandil Khurtsidze
                    7. Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam - dropped interim belt
                    8. Chris Eubank Jr. - lost pen
                    9. Sergiy Derevyanchenko
                    10. Ryoto Murata

Junior Middleweight
                    Champion: Open
                    1. Saul Alvarez
                    2. Jermall Charlo
                    3. Demetrius Andrade
                    4. Jermell Charlo
                    5. Erislandy Lara - beat
                    6. Jarrett Hurd
                    7. Justin DeLoach
                    8. Brian Castano
                    9. Michel Soro
                    10. Jack Culcay

Comment

clown-boy.....

and you, in your wisdom..... have decided to criticize Hopkins and Canelo..... what a fkn fanboy muppet lol

you LITERALLY wouldn't know a good fighter if he punched you in the face

thank god Hypekin, and his fkn idiot fans, will be gone soon
                      1. who are the 4 best jmw consecutively that he fought? Now you're making stuff up to try and enhance your losing argument. 2. I didn't criticize Hopkins, I stated what everyone with even basic knowledge of boxing knows. His mw run was heavily critiqued because of the lack of names he faced. The 2 biggest names were tito and Oscar and they were welter weights. Hopkins got most of his credit after moving up and beating guys like Pavlik, Tarver and pascal. Maybe you're too young to remember that. The only pathetic fan boy is the one who sits here and defends a proven ped cheat every single day.

Comment

Working...
                      X