No announcement yet.

Dunkin Donuts shop owner kicks out woman of color for using wifi and not buying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by man down View Post
    THIS! If I owned the place theres no way I would let these people use net for free while I pay for them to use it.
    I think its up in the air how much offering free wifi helps a business, but I know if Starbucks didn't have free wifi I'd have never went into that place in my life. So there has to be some stats to back up Starbucks & Dunkin Donuts & other places in offering free wifi to consumers with or w/o a purchase.

And honestly til today I had no clue DD offered this service to consumers. I'd probably be 5lbs heavier if I knew about this from buying some donuts I'd have otherwise wouldn't have brought.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Idk sh^t about Dunkin Donuts idek they had wifi at all, but if they offer wifi for free to ANYONE as a company they shouldn't be kicking out ANYONE over using the wifi. I see this like a marketing ploy like the playground at McDonald's used to be as a kid. Its to draw in people who you hope to buy something as they use these free offerings.

If you aren't prepared to do that across the board then the company needs to change their policy or the franchise owner needs to be dis-en-franchised maybe...or warned at least.

Obviously if someone is being disruptive & fighting like this guy is saying I say you should be kicked out & I'd have lil problems with banning them from that Dunkin Donuts for good, but as long as you are their & not causing problems I don't see an issue. Or if the place is filling up fair play on kicking out people who aren't actually eating or drinking anything to realistically need a table. That said few food joints like this fill up nowadays hardly ever cuz these places aren't like a standard restaurant where people sit down, bs & eat, these places are places generally people stop, order & leave to eat or drink w/e they bought at work. Stop & go vs stop & stay.

Personally I don't like Starbucks & don't even like coffee at all, but I've used their wifi plenty of times & often felt the need to buy something I've otherwise wouldn't have brought if they didn't offer wifi cuz I'd never go into the f#cking place in the first place.
      I guess the question is, if someone uses it for hours and doesnt buy anything is that OK?

IMO these stores need to make a policy and stick wit it. Just like coupons people will take advantage if they dont. Its on them.

Comment

I guess the question is, if someone uses it for hours and doesnt buy anything is that OK?

IMO these stores need to make a policy and stick wit it. Just like coupons people will take advantage if they dont. Its on them.
        I agree. If its a thing its a thing & a owner shouldn't have any say on the greater DD or SB policy. Part of being a franchise owner is agreeing to do things like DD or SB says to do them & people have lost their franchise over that sh^t before so this wouldn't be any different to me.

If its not a thing it shouldn't be hyped or advertised as such.

Its super simple. Its 2018, everybody gots wifi & plenty of places got rules on wifi sh^t. Some don't let you use their wifi at all, some let you use the wifi if you are a customer & some got free wifi outright. Figure that sh^t out & make a call, but don't be saying one thing & then kicking people out when they abide by the rules you set.

Comment

its common courtesy to pay in some way if you want to use a businesses facilities. they are also slowing down the internet for paying customers.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            its common courtesy to pay in some way if you want to use a businesses facilities. they are also slowing down the internet for paying customers.
            Common courtesy is out the window these days. Free is in!

Comment

It's a very slippery slope to give shops the right to set a time limit on their customers. It's not too far a step to give them the right to bar potential customers on the basis of (insert reason here).

Common sense is the answer. If a customer isn't bothering anyone else, either by his actions or even his smell (a homeless person taking advantage of a restroom), then leave him alone. If he IS bothering customers, call the cops and let them deal with it.

Comment

liberals on social media platforms banning conservative views - "its private company, they can do what they want, dont like it, go elsewhere"

liberals on coffee shops kicking out non customers from their property - "omg literally hitler, everyone has a right to be on private company's property and stay there as long as they like"

Comment

Fuggit, just ban the fricken WIFI.

People are too plugged in these days, either talk with the person you're having coffee with or take your azz, and your mocha latte frappe whateverthefok, off to work and GTFO the donut shop!!

Comment

the store is in the wrong. it says "free wifi" btch. it doesn't say "free wifi..but buy something first." and it doesn't matter how many fights took place there. that has absolutely nothing to do with a person sitting there not causing problems.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                      liberals on social media platforms banning conservative views - "its private company, they can do what they want, dont like it, go elsewhere"

liberals on coffee shops kicking out non customers from their property - "omg literally hitler, everyone has a right to be on private company's property and stay there as long as they like"
                      They argue that it only happens to black customers. Of course, we don't know if that's really true or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X