No announcement yet.

Official Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
    Yes I’m into ETH and have shifted some exposure to Monero. I think there is plenty of misinformation going on surrounding Bitcoin and Segwit2x/BIP148, which is suppressing its price. However I see a sharp rebound coming in Aug and wouldn’t be surprised if Bitcoin were trading in excess of USD4k in Sept.
    Yea thats reasonable.

And anyone who just wants to buy & forget about BTC or ETH for awhile now is the time with the dip. BTC is around $2.5k after touching $3k & ETH is $340ish as I type this.

I agree that the window of opportunity is closing in the crypto-sphere for the small investor. The US establishment are making moves to ruin it. Make hay while we can.
    No doubt. I have nightmares about the government getting involved.

What are your thoughts on the Status ICO and what ICO’s/established Blockchain tokens have taken your interest?
    I haven't purchased any ICO in its ICO stage yet. I get them once they hit the exchanges & have dropped in price a lil typically &/or I got more of a gauge on them & there value. Too many are doing no caps right now or selling out in 32 seconds & sh^t. Its damn near as sketchy as the sh^tcoins & scamcoin market.

Status is definitely on my radar doe. Kinda curious about Wagerr as the Darcrus guy works with them.

Also, what is the podcast called?
    Blockchain Dynamics.

I listen to a bunch of crypto podcasts these days & new ones seem to be popping up all the time.

Comment

I only ****s with btc, My bro is all into crypto currency he told me last year when btc was about 350 to buy 10K worth and I was like naw I rather just spend it then lose it lmfao I should have and now he tells me to buy etherium. so I might put some into it. F IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        No doubt. I have nightmares about the government getting involved.
        Regulators are in a very tricky position. How does one regulate an industry that is decentralised and has active participants in every country on planet Earth?
        The cat is out of the bag. Crypto has come to far. It is here to stay

I haven't purchased any ICO in its ICO stage yet. I get them once they hit the exchanges & have dropped in price a lil typically &/or I got more of a gauge on them & there value. Too many are doing no caps right now or selling out in 32 seconds & sh^t. Its damn near as sketchy as the sh^tcoins & scamcoin market.

Status is definitely on my radar doe. Kinda curious about Wagerr as the Darcrus guy works with them.
        I agree, most ICO's are trash. I have gambled on one so far, Aeternity. They seem to have a big development community so they could succeed.

I'm currently interested in two coming up; Starbase and Rialto

Status is interesting, but nowhere on the whitepaper does it say its coinholders will benefit from ownership within the first 24 months.

I'll give Blockchain Dynamics a listen to

Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
        I only ****s with btc, My bro is all into crypto currency he told me last year when btc was about 350 to buy 10K worth and I was like naw I rather just spend it then lose it lmfao I should have and now he tells me to buy etherium. so I might put some into it. F IT!
        Ether is a safe bet... for now. I would say pile into bitcoin if it drops below $2k, but I could be well wrong. Nobody knows

Comment

Regulators are in a very tricky position. How does one regulate an industry that is decentralised and has active participants in every country on planet Earth?
          The cat is out of the bag. Crypto has come to far. It is here to stay
          Yea true, they can hem sh^t up doe. I live in NY where trading BTC's is illegal unless one person has a f#cking license to trade it. People have legit been arrested in stings lmfao.

I agree, most ICO's are trash. I have gambled on one so far, Aeternity. They seem to have a big development community so they could succeed.

I'm currently interested in two coming up; Starbase and Rialto

Status is interesting, but nowhere on the whitepaper does it say its coinholders will benefit from ownership within the first 24 months.
          Well most of any of them are trash whatever genre of coin you dabble in.

What sorta stuff do you look for in the whitepapers to invest in or stay away from? I'm not big into looking at the whitepaper & usually just try to measure opinions from different guys who've read it take on it along with my thoughts on the devs, the project as a whole & etc & so on.

I'll give Blockchain Dynamics a listen to
          Its a fun lil podcast. Not THAT serious of a show tbh & I mainly just listen to it to gauge some diamonds in the rough as they legit go over EVERY coin which I don't think any podcast takes the time to do.

Ether is a safe bet... for now. I would say pile into bitcoin if it drops below $2k, but I could be well wrong. Nobody knows
          LOL I mean yea basically. I think there are a lot of winners in the immediate future. Hell I know guys who buy a bitcoin's worth of sh^tcoins they suspect whales of being invested in & just wait for the pump & dump weeks, months or a year later.

So just don't buy the bumps, buy the dips & your probably gonna be good long term right now everything is so bull.

Comment

I don't understand how their value is determined..

Can someone explain?

Comment

Don't suppose any crypto coin traders fancy buying some Boxingscene points? You can buy pretty little ribbons and allsorts with them

Comment

Yea true, they can hem sh^t up doe. I live in NY where trading BTC's is illegal unless one person has a f#cking license to trade it. People have legit been arrested in stings lmfao.
                The American establishment is shooting itself in the foot. They seems to be working out a way of destroying blockchain instead of doing the smart thing and growing with it!

What sorta stuff do you look for in the whitepapers to invest in or stay away from? I'm not big into looking at the whitepaper & usually just try to measure opinions from different guys who've read it take on it along with my thoughts on the devs, the project as a whole & etc & so on.
                First and foremost I look at who has founded the project (business exp & qualifications), then I see whether their product is going to solve real world issues and if it can generate a return on my investment.

LOL I mean yea basically. I think there are a lot of winners in the immediate future. Hell I know guys who buy a bitcoin's worth of sh^tcoins they suspect whales of being invested in & just wait for the pump & dump weeks, months or a year later.
                I sold my antshares 3 days ago. I missed out on serious gains.

So just don't buy the bumps, buy the dips & your probably gonna be good long term right now everything is so bull.
                100%

Comment

I sold my antshares 3 days ago. I missed out on serious gains.
                  Holy motherf#ck lol, under $.20 to $10 in 6ish weeks. Just looked at the graph on that. Imagine you made a nice profit on that doe even if you missed out on maximizing. You can't stay in too long cuz as quick as it goes up it could go down. I honestly didn't even hear of that one before or don't recall hearing about it anyway.

Comment

Holy motherf#ck lol, under $.20 to $10 in 6ish weeks. Just looked at the graph on that. Imagine you made a nice profit on that doe even if you missed out on maximizing. You can't stay in too long cuz as quick as it goes up it could go down. I honestly didn't even hear of that one before or don't recall hearing about it anyway.
                    Indeed. The volatility in this market is unreal. Crypto currency must be causing insomnia in countless people across the globe. The markets never close!!

I'm targeting blockchain companies based in Asia. Antshares was one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      I don't understand how their value is determined..

Can someone explain?
                      Tons of videos online that can take you further down the rabbit hole, but here's a solid overview video.

Comment

Working...
                      X