Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many days a week should you train on the heavy bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoldierOfPeace2 View Post
    I heard that training on the heavy bag puts lots of strain on the ligaments and bones (something like that, or is it connective tissue?, I'm not sure)... is this true, if you are training at maximum intensity?

I practice my power shots mostly on the heavy bag and imagine myself getting on the inside to land those big shots, I also work the jab a bit.

So yeah what you think BOYS AND GALS
    Start off with 2-3 days a week. I personally don't see the need to train on the heavy bag everyday when you could also be doing padwork and sparring but I understand wanting to use it 4-5 times a week. See how your wrists are feeling by the end of 1-2 weeks of a particular routine and adapt as necessary. By the way, if you are going to use the heavy bag frequently invest in some good gloves and wraps for your own benefit. All the best!

Comment

I limit it to 3 days per week. I've had some soreness in the hands before doing several days in a row at a time.

Comment

Almost everyday for me but I rarely go full out to avoid joint damage.

Comment

4-5 days a week. You don't have to try to kill the bag every single day.

Comment

Working...
          X