Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

31yo. Is it too late for me to box at elite level from the ground up?Serious replies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i met tyson and he was no more than 5'5 and a half. go for it!

Comment

He can become a pro...Just and fight locally....But that would be years from now. Forget about that word elite...U have to think about this... If u was boxing since u were 7 years old..Wudnt u feel disrespected thinking a guy started boxing at 30s gonna challenge u?

The fact that u asking.... automatically disqualified u lol

Comment

You’re likely having a midlife crisis. I haven’t boxed in ten years and last year I was considering starting again and going pro.

That being said, join a boxing gym. Even if you can’t go pro at a high level doesn’t mean you can’t compete in this wonderful sport.

Comment

Get in the gym for 6 months or so and you’ll probably be able to beat the hell out of Larry...that’s about the best you can hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
            Thanks again. I will try to upload a couple of pics. I have a question though. Wasn't Mike Tyson only 5'9? How come he weighed around 220 despite him only being 4 inches taller than me?

Shouldn't his weight be much lower for his height?
            That's why I asked for a picture.

Mike Tyson is 5'11" and a genetic freak who had one of the greatest Boxing minds of all time training him. He also started as a child and not at 31. Strong arguments can be made he was the greatest of all time.

Imagine a 5'7" 31 year-old accountant wanting to play in the NBA and citing Spud Webb?

Did you measure your reach?

Comment

Do you have an elite promoter and prime opponents set up to fight ?

Comment

Working...
              X