The Eastern Wind is calming...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Looks like your still hating on the White dudes get over it they're better
    I'm not hating on white dudes. I have already stated it several times on this forum, I got a white girlfriend and many white friends and I love a lot of white warriors like Carl Froch, one of my personal favourites. I also like Kovalev, I just don't think he stands a chance against Ward and it should be pretty clear to anyone who saw the way Ward outboxed Froch and Kessler.

Comment

lamechenko is very special. kovalov, postol, (golovkin is over hyped and feasts on bums at the age of 34) Artur Beterbiev is also really special.

eastern europing boxing is pretty good right now if anything..

Comment

They seriously need to IP ban racists pieces of shit like you.

How many more accounts are you going to create?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Still so many prospects coming through from Eastern Europe though. Many are a bit too old, but given time as pro boxing gets more of a foothold over there, i expect he talented fighters to be turning over sooner and sooner. I want to see some 19-24 year old prospects who are athletic, dedicated and have been boxing since they were only just eating their first turnips.

At the moment we seem to be getting the guys who have been around the am circuit for years and have limited time to make a real historic impact on the pro game.

I never subscribed to the idea that Eastern Euros would dominate boxing like America did in the past. Lets just welcome the fact that a huge chunk of the world is buying into the sport we love and hope that we can get some great talent, great fights and great fighters from those regions.

Fingers crossed for a more relaxed Cuba in the future too. Those guys dominate the Am game and also looked unbeatable in the WSB since they joined. Their style is built for the pros (in a sporting, not entertainment sense)
          They lost in the finals to Kazakhstan or Ukraine, can't remember which one... not long ago. Like last year or the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
            I'm not hating on white dudes. I have already stated it several times on this forum, I got a white girlfriend and many white friends and I love a lot of white warriors like Carl Froch, one of my personal favourites. I also like Kovalev, I just don't think he stands a chance against Ward and it should be pretty clear to anyone who saw the way Ward outboxed Froch and Kessler.
            What exactly does Kovalev have in common with the drunken club brawler Froch, and Kessler?

Comment

Povetkin didn't want to fight Wilder fairly, so he tried to cheat with illegal drugs, which costed him the fight.

Lomachenko didn't want to give Walters his fair share of the purse, which costed him the fight.

Golovkin didn't want to move up to 168lbs to fight Ward, which costed him the fight.

Is the Eastern Wind calming? Has the Eastern warriors lost their guts? I certainly hope not. There's a whole bunch of world class warriors there, they just need to work on their confidence...
              Did you forget about Kovalev? Berterbiev? Postol?

Honestly, I don't think Povetkin was avoiding anything. The banned substance thing came up and he didn't take it when it was illegal. They should be able to resolve that and fight Wilder next year.

I don't think Lomachenko is afraid of or ducking Walters either. The Axe Man wanted more money than they were willing to give. It happens.

Golovkin facing Brook is disappointing, but let's not forget all of the middleweights who wanted no part of him.

The Eastern wind, as far as I can see, is still going strong.

Comment

Let's be fair, though. The Froch and Kessler fights were a long time ago. He's facing a guy who's been facing world class opposition at a higher weight for the past few years. Kovalev may just be too sharp for him. Brand isn't the best opponent to prepare for the "Krusher" either. It's a 50/50 fight IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                  What exactly does Kovalev have in common with the drunken club brawler Froch, and Kessler?

1 - Kovalev is shorter and has a shorter reach than Froch and Kessler.
                  2 - Kovalev got worse skills than Kessler. He was falling around the ring against Pascal. He got no balance, his defense is nothing special and if he couldn't even stop an ancient Bernard Hopkins, then how will he deal with the much faster Andre Ward? Kovalev is around Froch's level concerning skills, though. Both are skilled enough, but fairly limited. They make up for it with other qualities.
                  3 - Kessler and Froch are more proven than Kovalev is.

Comment

1 - Kovalev is shorter and has a shorter reach than Froch and Kessler.
                    2 - Kovalev got worse skills than Kessler. He was falling around the ring against Pascal. He got no balance, his defense is nothing special and if he couldn't even stop an ancient Bernard Hopkins, then how will he deal with the much faster Andre Ward? Kovalev is around Froch's level concerning skills, though. Both are skilled enough, but fairly limited. They make up for it with other qualities.
                    3 - Kessler and Froch are more proven than Kovalev is.
                    Not only are you completely false with everything you just said (and I'm not going to waste my time disproving your comments) you 1005% fail to mention the one thing that makes Kovalev stand apart not only from both of those face-first brawlers, but 98% of boxers in the past 25 years...... His crippling power, which absolutely puts any man in front of him in survival mode from the moment the fight starts.

He knocks out guys with jabs to the body. Ward has never in his life fought a fighter with the complete package that Kovalev brings, yet alone the power to go with it. That's about all the analyzation I will give you.

Trust me when I tell you this, Ward will be in survival mode from the opening bell and he will not win more then 25 seconds of a single round. Easy work Kovalev, you will see. It is Sergey Kovalev's destiny to retire as the undefeated, undisputed, absolute GOAT LHW to ever walk this planet, and Andre Ward will not stand in his way. It's God's will. Believe me.

War Krusher.
                    Last edited by King_; 07-22-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                      Not only are you completely false with everything you just said (and I'm not going to waste my time disproving your comments) you 1005% fail to mention the one thing that makes Kovalev stand apart not only from both of those face-first brawlers, but 98% of boxers in the past 25 years...... His crippling power, which absolutely puts any man in front of him in survival mode from the moment the fight starts.

He knocks out guys with jabs to the body. Ward has never in his life fought a fighter with the complete package that Kovalev brings, yet alone the power to go with it. That's about all the analyzation I will give you.

Trust me when I tell you this, Ward will be in survival mode from the opening bell and he will not win more then 25 seconds of a single round. Easy work Kovalev, you will see. It is Sergey Kovalev's destiny to retire as the undefeated, undisputed, absolute GOAT LHW to ever walk this planet, and Andre Ward will not stand in his way. It's God's will. Believe me.

War Krusher.
                      No need to get ****sexual here.

His analysis was pretty much on point. Kovalev has bad footwork, no head movement and slow hands. Also, his punching mechanics aren't great. He isn't perfect.

If you want to look at great punching mechanics, look at Beterbiev. For footwork, Gvozdzyk.

Stop being a cheerleader and start studying the game instead of being a fanboy.

Comment

Working...
                      X