Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Now It's Canelo's Time To Make History!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Now It's Canelo's Time To Make History!

Bernard Hopkins never needs a reason to talk at length, but was certainly the most qualified person in the room to put into proper perspective Saul Canelo' Alvarez's decision to jump from middleweight to light heavyweight for his next outing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is Hopkins this racist piece of **** who said that no white man would ever KO him ? And then was thrown out of the ring by a white man's punch ? One of the funniest stories I've ever seen in boxing lol.

Comment

Hopkins went from ".. I couldn't go back to the projects if I let a white boy beat me." to promoting a redhead! What has the world come to?

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
        Hopkins went from ".. I couldn't go back to the projects if I let a white boy beat me." to promoting a redhead! What has the world come to?
        Bernard was promoting a "persona," promoting fights and waging psychological warfare against his opponents most of the time. I would take his pronouncements at that time with a grain of salt. I don't think that he hated Puerto Ricans when he desecrated the Puerto Rican flag before the Trinidad fight. Nor do I think he really believed that no White man could possibly beat him. He was creating controversy as a deliberate strategy. People grow. He no longer has to do that. He has to sell a different product now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
          Is Hopkins this racist piece of **** who said that no white man would ever KO him ? And then was thrown out of the ring by a white man's punch ? One of the funniest stories I've ever seen in boxing lol.
          Yall b.itch that Kovalev and ggg are old, how old was Hopkins when that white guy threw him out the ring? You guys are too funny

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
            Bernard was promoting a "persona," promoting fights and waging psychological warfare against his opponents most of the time. I would take his pronouncements at that time with a grain of salt. I don't think that he hated Puerto Ricans when he desecrated the Puerto Rican flag before the Trinidad fight. Nor do I think he really believed that no White man could possibly beat him. He was creating controversy as a deliberate strategy. People grow. He no longer has to do that. He has to sell a different product now.
            You get it! Most don’t

Comment

Exactly. Imagine a white man said No black man would ever beat him. He'd be fined/suspended/blackballed from boxing.
              Canelo trying to make history by fighting someone just coming off a grueling defense. With little time to prepare while still healing from his previous fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                Yall b.itch that Kovalev and ggg are old, how old was Hopkins when that white guy threw him out the ring? You guys are too funny
                Obviously, he was not old enoug to say such idiotic racist words. In fact, he must have been a small brat that time.

P.S. I never said anyhting about Golovkin or Kovalev being too old. On the contrary, I said that Ortiz (not being a white guy) is really old.

Comment

Obviously, he was not old enoug to say such idiotic racist words. In fact, he must have been a small brat that time.

P.S. I never said anyhting about Golovkin or Kovalev being too old. On the contrary, I said that Ortiz (not being a white guy) is really old.
                  Ok I stand corrected

Comment

Hopkins has turned out to be a right greedy wanker.
                    Canelo vs triple G was 1-1 giving favour to Alvarez.
                    He deffo lost the two fights as far as I’m concerned and IM A MEXICAN FIGHTER FAN !!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X