No announcement yet.

UFC 100 Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mozza View Post
    There are conventions within sport, unwritten rules. I'm not delusional, I realise that athletes, though they may be incredible in one particular area, are prone to the same human frailties as the rest of us in others aspects of life. Indeed, my favourite football player ever, Diego Maradona, is one of the most flawed individuals you will come across in the whole of sport. I don't expect every athlete to be an example in the mould of Randy Couture but I do expect them to abide by the laws of their discipline, written or otherwise, and when they don't I won't let their talent disguise the fact they're being a ****.
    What about Barry Ferguson then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mozza View Post
      There are conventions within sport, unwritten rules. I'm not delusional, I realise that athletes, though they may be incredible in one particular area, are prone to the same human frailties as the rest of us in others aspects of life. Indeed, my favourite football player ever, Diego Maradona, is one of the most flawed individuals you will come across in the whole of sport. I don't expect every athlete to be an example in the mould of Randy Couture but I do expect them to abide by the laws of their discipline, written or otherwise, and when they don't I won't let their talent disguise the fact they're being a ****.
      He was being somewhat ****ish. BUt I wont blame him, hold him to a high standard; and despite what some people are saying it's not remotely bad for MMA or especially the UFC.

I'd argue Henderson throwing the late elbow is 100x worse than Brock being a **** and talking trash and flipping the bird to the audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demise View Post
        What about Barry Ferguson then?
        I was actually thinking of him when I wrote that. One of my favourite football players but an absolute twat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
          He was being somewhat ****ish. BUt I wont blame him, hold him to a high standard; and despite what some people are saying it's not remotely bad for MMA or especially the UFC.

I'd argue Henderson throwing the late elbow is 100x worse than Brock being a **** and talking trash and flipping the bird to the audience.
          Henderson is an idiot as well. I don't think he deliberately hit someone who was knocked out, he just said that for show but he's a clown for doing so.

Comment

• i can't see it...lesner is a single fighter...it's just like mayweather or aaron pryor...talk big **** and sell more tickets...one thing brock promises is entertainment...he learned all of this from wwe...he may be a prick...but i promise it's intentional...even if it's not...who cares...it makes for great tv...i can see why he respected randy...dude is always respectful...and considered a legend in the game...show respect to those who have been through it...an unwritten rule...but for those on your level...the ones still climbing to greatness? alls fair round there...

Comment

• UFC 100 Full Event and Fight Videos (HDTV)

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...&postcount=317

Comment

• Lesnar has done the right thing by apologising and credit to Dana White for letting him know his conduct was unnacceptable.

Comment

• How was the PPV numbers ?
                  Last edited by manok uli; 07-12-2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X