Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't Ward fans calling for him to move up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
    He's saying it doesn't matter that Cotto isn't a natural middleweight, he holds something that belongs to fighters like GGG, a championship belt and the lineal title in the MW division.

But you knew that, you're just acting dumb.
    Yeah he's still a smaller guy. Just like Golovkin is smaller than Ward.

Originally posted by Sumthang bit me View Post
    Where is he a champion at? 135? 147? Or 160?
    Doesn't change the fact that he's smaller. Why criticise Ward for wanting to fight Golovkin because he's smaller when Golovkin is also targetting smaller guys.

Also if Golovkin is so much smaller, why was he willing to move up to 168 to fight Chavez and not Ward?

I'll answer for you.....money.

Ward isn't moving up to 175 because the money is in his weight class and lower down. Same reason Golovkin isn't moving up to face Ward. Money is lower down.

Comment

Ward isblack doe

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
        Cotto holds a belt (and that ridiculous, obsolete but somehow highly regarded "lineal" championship) in the division GGG competes in, so him being "smaller" is beside the point. If you call yourself "history's MW champ" you have to face the best MWs.

As for the topic, what contrarians like you are forgetting is that Ward is getting criticism for not moving up because he criticized GGG first. It's all in response.

Btw Ward is the biggest hypocrite here: he isn't even available to fight, yet he's trying to make it seem like GGG is ducking him. And the jealous idiots in whose eyes being popular is a sin eat his bs right up.
        Actually, I believe it was GGG's team who first made statements about Ward and about how they'd fight anyone from 154-168lbs. People didn't forget those declarations.

Comment

Because we want to see him beat Golovkin first. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of GGG, I'm a bigger fan of the Hometown Olympic Hero Andre Ward

Comment

And fight who??

You guys are ignoring that 175 is a razor thin division that's almost cleaned itself out. Andre already beat Chad Dawson out of boxing and Hopkins won't fight him. Stevenson is on Showtime looking for dead bodies to fight. That leaves Kovalev if he somehow beats Popkins, and after that? Nothin.

Comment

Ward didn't even clean out 168. He won a tournament but not all the top guys were in it. Froch was the one that did a lot more work and just cause Ward beat Froch, he "cleaned" it.

GGG hasn't been close in cleaning his division and they want him to move up. They want that racial pride to say he(Ward) was the one who "exposed" him(GGG).

GGG isn't even in the P4P list, Ward(doesn't deserve to be that high/should be taken off) is. Yet the standards are much higher for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                Ward didn't even clean out 168. He won a tournament but not all the top guys were in it. Froch was the one that did a lot more work and just cause Ward beat Froch, he "cleaned" it.

GGG hasn't been close in cleaning his division and they want him to move up. They want that racial pride to say he(Ward) was the one who "exposed" him(GGG).

GGG isn't even in the P4P list, Ward(doesn't deserve to be that high/should be taken off) is. Yet the standards are much higher for GGG.
                Quoted for truth.

Ward didn't beat Bute, Froch did. Ward doesn't deserve any credit for that win. Just like how Donaire doesn't deserve credit for Darch unifying the 115 pound division, Dawson doesn't deserve credit for Adamek becoming the #1 cruiserweight etc.

Comment

which fans do you speak of?

Comment

why can't we have it all? cotto should fight ggg, ggg should fight ward after that, and after that ward should move up to fight the krusher if he gets by hopkins.

Comment

Golovkin's critics do him a great complement. They talk about him like he's a proven hall of famer who can just jump up a division and go straight in against a guy like Ward, a guy who might well be regarded as #1 P4P if he was staying active.

Come to think of it, have Pacquiao or Floyd ever taken anything near that kind of risk? Floyd's biggest risk of this nature was stepping up to fight Castillo. Castillo! And most people think he lost.

I hope we get Golovkin-Ward, but Golovkin should either secure his legacy at 160 first, or else test the waters at 168.

Expecting, not even that, but demanding that he goes in with someone as great as Ward a division up is not reasonable. Unless you already see him as a hall of famer who needs to be seeking out that level of challenge already.

Comment

Working...
                      X