No announcement yet.

The disregard that hometown fixes show for their own fighters is sickening

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The disregard that hometown fixes show for their own fighters is sickening

Seriously. Whether or not Andrade was robbed by the count itself seems secondary to me. How can you let a fighter who is so hurt, who is so out, who is in such danger... How do you not stop that fight? I don't care if the bell has already rang. When you are barely conscious the fight gets waved off. I HATE how hometown fixes risk their own fighters so much. This reminds me so much of Abraham/Miranda I when they wouldn't let Abraham quit. It is disgusting. They don't love their fighter. They love the cash they can generate and they'll let them die rather than lose the cash cow. It is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with boxing.

Does no one agree? Yeah Bute beat the kind physically by standing, but that isn't what constitutes beating a cout. You have to step forward to the ref and he couldn't do that. Do you really think a ref should be thinking about how much time is left in a fight? They're job is to stop a fight when it should be stopped, but when there is so much hype in the hometown guy they just can't do it. They risk the fighter for his fame. I hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarr71 View Post
      Does no one agree? Yeah Bute beat the kind physically by standing, but that isn't what constitutes beating a cout. You have to step forward to the ref and he couldn't do that. Do you really think a ref should be thinking about how much time is left in a fight? They're job is to stop a fight when it should be stopped, but when there is so much hype in the hometown guy they just can't do it. They risk the fighter for his fame. I hate it.
      I think most agree, they're just agreeing on other threads. I don't think anyone can honestly say that it wouldn't have been stopped if a non-biased ref had been in the ring.

Comment

Working...
      X