Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Chavez Jr miraculously beats Canelo would you like to see GGG vs JCC Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    i think its going to be the best version of chavez. Surely if any fight is going to get him training properly and up for it, its going to be this one.
    With his decision wins against the last two unknown fighters he fought as comeback wins, it's definitely questionable if JCC Jr even has that type of power we saw vs Lee and Martinez anymore. He went the distance with Vera twice, got stopped by Fonfora, and went the distance with two guys I never heard of, who have been stopped before.

So idk what style he will use vs Canelo, will he hug and rough up Canelo, fight inside? That's his best bet, if he goes in there and tries to KO Canelo, it's possible that Canelo just counters him all night because JCC won't have the power to keep Canelo honest. JCC has to go in there and rough Canelo up, use his size to lean on Canelo and make it a physical fight. He can't go in there thinking he can box against a superior boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      If the JCC of the Vera and Fonfora fights comes into the ring, it's impossible for him to beat Canelo if he couldn't even clearly beat a bloated JMW in Vera.

If JCC is serious and comes in as the guy who beat Rubio and Lee, and had the late fight stamina to hurt Martinez after losing every round, then we could have a fight in our hands.
      Too many ifs with Junior. I'm sure it'll be a fun fight, but at the end of the day he doesn't have the mental capacity to compete at an elite level. He's simply not talented enough.

I recall the whole buildup to the Fonfara fight was about how he was a new man who was now fighting for his daughter, and we would see a new Jr. We all imagined he would be commited against Martinez and all we saw was pink underwear and living room training.

The size difference is a huge advantage but I don't see him capitalizing on it. He's also going to have to deal with a barrage of body shots, unlike the Martinez fight.

Obviously anything can happen in boxing, but I have an easier time imagining Jacobs landing flush and hurting GGG than Chavez pulling it off.

Comment

what would make chavez accept this time?
        As far as i remember he signed to fight Golovkin and then dropped out? (someone correct me if im wrong)

I don't see him fighting again after Canelo tbh, win or lose, he will have enough money for weed and nachos for 30 year's

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          what would make chavez accept this time?
          As far as i remember he signed to fight Golovkin and then dropped out? (someone correct me if im wrong)

I don't see him fighting again after Canelo tbh, win or lose, he will have enough money for weed and nachos for 30 year's
          He accepted the fight, the date and venue was set, with one catch, Arum wanted to sign him to a longer contract. Chavez and his father didn't like it, they negotiated a little bit, Arum wouldn't budge, so JCC didn't sign to fight GGG, because it would mean signing a contract with TR that he didn't want. The money to fight GGG was great but only if he stayed with TR, and apparently Chavez didn't want to stay in TR. Then a one fight deal was offered to Chavez by TR, but considerably less than what he would've made if he accepted staying with TR. He said no to the fight altogether and walked away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
            No way in hell that happens, there's a better chance of Jacobs beating GGG. GGG would probably go after Saunders.

For the sake of boxing hopefully both Alvarez and Golovkin win their fights, the deadline for this fight is September '17.
            For the sake of boxing Canelito and GGG get KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
              For the sake of boxing Canelito and GGG get KTFO
              How does that benefit boxing?

We get Chavez vs Jacobs instead? I don't see that fight helping boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                How does that benefit boxing?

We get Chavez vs Jacobs instead? I don't see that fight helping boxing.
                Canelito is a log-jam

That f@g isn't fighting anybody....nor is GGG.

Boxing wins if they both lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Canelito is a log-jam

That f@g isn't fighting anybody....nor is GGG.

Boxing wins if they both lose.
                  So you'd rather see the "nobody's" their respectively fighting win ...

Even if they lose these guys aren't going anywhere

They'll more than likely fight multiple tune-ups to win back their fans. Think Adrian Broner type of matchups.

This seems personal though so I understand,cary on.

Comment

I'd rather watch Chavez Jr. Vs. Zurdo Ramirez than him Vs. Canelo.
                    (Vs. Zurdo is the fight that should have been made)

Jr. Has a better chance against him, Canelo is gonna destroy poor Jr.

Comment

Nelo will break Chavez down and stop him around round 8 or 9
                      He gunna kill dem ribs

Comment

Working...
                      X