Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the worst country you have ever visited?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philippines probably. There were things I liked about the place - mostly the people -but I definitely was somewhat disappointed. I actually left prematurely to go to Penang and get some good food. I’m a foodie traveller and my god the food there was consistently awful.

UAE wasn’t great but I expected it.
    Last edited by Mushroom; 09-17-2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reecedouglas1 View Post
      i would say Wales - just boring.
      Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
      I've been to lots of places and can find positives in most all of them

I'd say Scotland though, man that's not a nice place, shout out to OP with Wales too, there's certain areas there that resemble Bosnia during the war.

Anywhere in the UK that isn't Southern England really.
      My girlfriend and I want to travel to both Wales and Scotland and from the travel logs/videos we've seen, they look magnificent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
        Scotland....grey skies, grey buildings, grey people.
        You didn’t like Edinburgh? One of the most beautiful cities I’ve ever visited

Comment

I'll go out on a limb here, and please try to understand - Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            I'll go out on a limb here, and please try to understand - Afghanistan
            Looks like the jarhead wins the 'shit places I've been to' competition.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-17-2020, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I have traveled a lot but a guy I know who does medical evacuations all around the world swears that anything with a STAN in the name sucks really bad.

Edit just saw Beercules post and yes, it's a STAN TOO.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                Looks like the jarhead wins the 'shit places I've been to competition'.
                I mean I think that takes the cake.

Believe it or not though, some women are very beautiful.

Need a shower or 15 but not bad at all.

Comment

I wouldn't say a specific country is horrible. Havn't really been to that many tbh. But Tijuana was a ****hole.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    I have traveled a lot but a guy I know who does medical evacuations all around the world swears that anything with a STAN in the name sucks really bad.

Edit just saw Beercules post and yes, it's a STAN TOO.
                    I would like to travel central Asia. Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan all look interesting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                      I would like to travel central Asia. Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan all look interesting to me.
                      He's been to all of them and frowns a lot when he talks about them. He actually did say Kazakhstan was pretty nice.

I think for him and what he does, the issue is the infrastructure and bureaucracy of those places as well as some of them being ****holes with not very modern ways of doing things.

Could be cool if you are a healthy tourist though. Probably very interesting for sure.
                      Last edited by jreckoning; 09-17-2020, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X