Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Crawford be a 5 Weight World Champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaaamnSon View Post
    Fair points.

It would still be a few years away but I guess it depends on the middleweight landscape then and he'll have to be very selective in who he fights if he did make the move.

I do think it's a question of when not if he'll go to light middleweight. Not that he's anywhere near their class but if Mayweather and Pacquaio were big enough to do it so is Crawford.

Do you think Errol Spence could do it?
    Depending what type of champ, they would have their hands full with Lara, Jermell or Hurd but they would beat guys like Sadam Ali, Smith, Brook, Trout at this point.
    Last edited by BillyBoxing; 06-10-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
      I don't agree with you man, boxing skills aside he was throwing horn the much bigger man around alll fight, out wrestling him in the clinch everytime...completely....what fight were you watching????

My point is it's hard to wrestle when you're getting hit hard on the nose and getting your ribs softened in the process.

It was not a wrestling match but a boxing match and Horn was completely outclassed.

In no way, the way Bud handled Horn indicates me that he would beat and outstrenght the actual 154 and 160 champ Mungui, Mell, Hurd, GGG and BJS...

Horn is just not that good.

Comment

Maybe but I doubt it. I think 154 is where he'll top out.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
          My point is it's hard to wrestle when you're getting hit hard on the nose and getting your ribs softened in the process.

It was not a wrestling match but a boxing match and Horn was completely outclassed.

In no way, the way Bud handled Horn indicates me that he would beat and outstrenght the actual 154 and 160 champ Mungui, Mell, Hurd, GGG and BJS...

Horn is just not that good.
          he will be the man at 154......160 might be to0 much

Comment

Of course he can..

Any skilled fighter can be a 5 weight world champion if they're hungry enough.

Except ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
              he will be the man at 154......160 might be to0 much
              He has been fighting so so guys at 140.so what about being thé Man at 147 first?

Comment

Who knows? Maybe eventually at least win a title there. I think he'd beat everyone at 154 currently. We'll have to see how he settles at the weight and grows. Only top guy at 160 I'd pick him to beat would beat Charlo. I'd be confident about that.

Gun against head I'd say, yes. He'll unify 147 and snag a title or two at 154 and an easier title at 160 if available before retiring.

Comment

Working...
                X