No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte vs. Joseph Parker - 12,000 Tickets Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mmamachine View Post
    I wonder if Whyte will get any credit on this forum if he beats Parker? Or if he's still a bum??
    He will still seem like a pu$$y for avoiding Luis Ortiz and Pulev in Bulgaria.

Not exactly the image of "baddest man on the planet," is it?

Comment

Nice card for sure. So for all the posters who said Chisora was ducking Joyce you now know why it didn’t happen. A meaningful fight & a lot better pay. Earn with Hearn or Pray with Haye? Pray for you check not to bounce...

Comment

I wonder if Whyte will get any credit on this forum if he beats Parker? Or if he's still a bum??
        Some of the daftys still have their y fronts in a twist after whyte punked wilder

Wilder had to cancel his flight and bent these guys out of shape

He will never get credit from s**t sniffers

Comment

ShoulderRoll you really think he ducked Pulev to take a tougher fight against Parker??

Ortiz? Maybe, but Im sure it would have been Eddie Hearns decision not Whytes, and from the sounds of it the Pulev fight would have been for peanuts.

Instead he's fighting on box office.

Comment

Originally posted by BreakingBox View Post
            Based on what? Let's compare Wilder vs Whyte. Try doing a search on google trends and compare each fighter side by side with a worldwide search. You can even hover over each country to see who is the most popular. Wilder wins in every country. How about twitter and instagram followers? How many does Whyte have vs Wilder? Again, Wilder wins that one too! Try bringing Whyte over the the US and see how many tickets he sells. Oh, and don't forget, it takes two to tango. Your leaving Whyte's opponent out of the equation. Parker is a former World Champion, so he's helping to sell tickets too.

I like this matchup though, better than Pulev. It will be a very interesting fight
            Whyte is more popular and sells more tickets in U.K. than wilder does in USA. That’s pretty fair to say

Comment

ShoulderRoll you really think he ducked Pulev to take a tougher fight against Parker??

Ortiz? Maybe, but Im sure it would have been Eddie Hearns decision not Whytes, and from the sounds of it the Pulev fight would have been for peanuts.

Instead he's fighting on box office.
              The winning purse bid for the Pulev fight was more than what Eddie Hearn bid. So presumably he was fine with paying Whyte peanuts as long as he had control of the promotion.

Comment

Whyte is taking a good fight and trolls here still hate and complain. Some people won't give a credit to anyone.

Comment

ShoulderRoll did you see the split though? I believe it was 75% to Pulev, in which case I'd imagine Hearn was actively looking for a different fight for Whyte throughout.

Which tada! Magically happened.

Comment

Whyte thinks he saw a bit of mental weakness in Parker imo, that he wasn't as gung ho vs Joshua as Whyte was
                    I mean Parker fought smart but he said himself he could have pushed it a bit more
                    I still don't think Parker's power is all that , even since his operation just before Joshua , but he can always beat Whyte on pts IMO but it will be a close fight
                    If Parker has some of his old snap back (even tho it was vs Samoan bums at home) then Whyte is getting knocked out hopefully but it will orob be a war and gut check for Parker

Comment

These UK fights sell big tickets. If this already has 12k tickets sold imagine Wilder meeting AJ at home with triple that amount, if not more? Also, Khan/Brook would sell out easily. I really love the look of a packed arena.

Comment

Working...
                      X