No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Says No Pay-Per-View on His New Platform

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
    I just dont see the difference between this and finding a stream online which now a days is as easy as turning on the TV.
    This is true but the quality can be mediocre at times.

Also you can use this on your phone. Nothing worse then not being home when the fights are on.

The main downside for this would be if it's not available in bars and restaurants. That's where ESPN and TR have an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      I just dont see the difference between this and finding a stream online which now a days is as easy as turning on the TV.
      Originally posted by dsr View Post
      Every single show and movie on Netflix could be found and streamed illegally in seconds, yet 120 million people still pay for it every month.
      Yeah it has a lot to do with comfort. I have to use streams a lot, because in germany they dont offer most of the boxing matches and it is a hassle.
      Some streams have good quality, but nowhere near as good as a legal HD stream. Then I often have to have a couple of backup streams ready in case my stream is lagging or has some kind of problem.

DAZN is very easy to navigate. It has an app, which you can download to your television and instantly start it. You can watch it on your phone and on laptops similar to netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
        These Haymon boys may as well be in a cult. I’d be very surprised if anyone leaves him. I remember when quillen threatened to retire if anything happened to Haymon.
        Haymon probably blackmails his fighters by using his tranny FRIENDS to get explicit pictures with them , so he controls them .

Quillen remembered his words of "If something happens to me "..etc ,etc ......

Would explain some fighters purses .

Beware the Haymonger .......

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          Yeah it has a lot to do with comfort. I have to use streams a lot, because in germany they dont offer most of the boxing matches and it is a hassle.
          Some streams have good quality, but nowhere near as good as a legal HD stream. Then I often have to have a couple of backup streams ready in case my stream is lagging or has some kind of problem.

DAZN is very easy to navigate. It has an app, which you can download to your television and instantly start it. You can watch it on your phone and on laptops similar to netflix.
          "DAZN is very easy to navigate. It has an app, which you can download to your television and instantly start it. You can watch it on your phone and on laptops similar to netflix. "

All the more reason to HATE this idea , we dont like making boxing better here in the states ,take that shyte elsewhere bc were not really boxing fans here were just angry and bitter just cause .

We like to cry and argue with other countries about subjects we dont even know about just bc were patriot ,we gotta represent ......represent what ? IDK but it aint boxing thats for sure .......

Comment

Originally posted by dsr View Post
            DAZN is an OTT sports streaming network.
            Thanks for the answer.

Comment

This has a lot of potential to change the game. With predictable streams of revenue they can pay boxers retainers, effectivlely creating a tiered UFC style stable or boxers. It will blow to bits the Ali rule because boxers will not be under management or promotion by the platform, instead they will effectively be contractors/employees. It would be great to be salaried from your first fights and be able train full time without worrying about making rent.

I can see boxing getting way better investment in young talent, better match ups, long term distribution deals with big names. Exciting prospects and all result in more fights for fans.

It might also mean we wait even longer for AJ vs Wilder, cos they gonna want that on the platform for sure, I wouldn’t even be surprised if AJ invests in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Showtime/CBS is basically delivering 20 shows a year, plus another 12-15 ShoBox cards a year, and PBC is still on track for their 4 FOX dates this year, with another dozen or show cards for FS1, and the 4 BounceTV shows.

Haymon's well hasn't run dry, and it's not like he's hurting for money or opportunity at this point (especially if the FOX/FS1 deal does happen).

Eddie Hearn is coming to the table with his own money, but a platform with near no reach at this point.

Finding talent to jump to the new platform is going to be tough

thank you scipio a lot of people are being caught up in the "1bn dollars" without realizing that that money isn't guaranteed yet also they don't realize that this DOESNT HELP THE STATUS OF AMERICAN BOXING. Sports need mass appeal without mass appeal its the same as rugby or cricket over here in the states. But I am interested in when hearn says the deal can reach facebook and twitter etc. with the right marketing that could work

Comment

He has to get a better stable of fighters for this to work. Needs several attractive matchups to entice boxing fans to subscribe.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                    U aren't getting any US PPV fights through Hearns. He might be talking about the Sky PPV. GB, TopRank, HBO or Showtime will never sell them the rights to their PPVs to stream to US customers. They might sell them the rights to stream them to overseas customers. This service is only in 5 countries now. Japan, Germany, Switzerland, Canada and Austria. Hearn already said that a AJ/Wilder would not be a fight that would be on there because Showtime would b showing it

And which kind of must see PPV fights do they have?
                    Other than Canelo vs. Golovkin and Joshua vs. Wilder there is no fights that will be on PPV.

We are in May and there have been no major PPV fight as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                      It's a billion dollar deal supposedly, over the course of 8 years, which breaks down to 125 million a year. This dude has to put out 32 cards with that 125, which breaks down to 3.9 million each card.

The top level PBC guys are already making between 1.25-2 million without a promoter, so unless Hearn is going after the mid-tier fighters (like the charlos) I don't see the incentive for the top level guys to jump ship.

Even if he does get mid level fighters like the charlos, are you willing to pay $20/month to see them fight, when you already can for half that?

Hearn's plan involves overpaying guys like that, and passing the costs off to you, the consumer.

Hearn wants to take a bunch of guys who are not main event fighters, who you would pay $10 to see on undercards, throw them in main events, and charge you $20 to watch now.

That does not include the license fee he will get from Sky Sports as well and other countries.

I say he will have like $ 5-7 million for each card.

Comment

Working...
                      X