Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of supplements does USADA and VaDA allowed boxers to use?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    All Creatine does is add water weight on your body
    Creatine is very effective. Creatine is the most proven supplement on the market for increasing strength, size and building muscle so there's a reason why so many athletes love creatine. It's basically a muscle building supplement and it works. At some point in the near future I think creatine will get banned.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Is creatine, andro, whey, ripped fuels allowed?
      I heard they even ban hairloss drugs like propecia because its used as a masking agent because it increases estrogen or something.

They ban certain heart medications and blood pressure meds to, i heard in order to take these meds you have to first go to usada and tell them you have this condtion with a doctors note so you get a tue.

How come fighters in boxing and mma still dont follow the rules? Usada and vada clearly state that you must present them the supplements and vitamins you plan on taking to get approval by them to see if they dont contain ban substances, so if you do get popped they can test you supplements to see if it was a tainted supp and go to that company to do a factory investigation.
      I don't think they've quite figured out how to conquer this PED sh^t yet is the main thing on all sides. Or just keep up with it cuz idk that it can be 100% beaten.

One thing of note is while the USADA have a accepted supplement list you can't really insure a substance is legit with every sku number.

So you could'nt just take some fictional Rhino Juice supplement and it's always clean. You'd have to test it with each new sku number and from hearing Mir talk about his situation with the USADA getting a new sku number for one product that'd cost the fighter about 5 grand.

So if you got a 2mo supply of 6 supplements that means you'd have to pay 60 racks a year potentially to insure your supplements aren't dirty in this example and plenty of guys don't got 60 racks to spend on this sorta thing in the UFC.

I've speculated more than once that someone should be a middle man between the USADA and the fighter and testing supplements on a regular and consistent basis. Maybe getting into some sorta partnership with the clean supplement companies to subsidize the testing costs. That'd take a lot of the bs out of the fighters not knowing what they are taking (and whole I got lil doubt most are lying I'm sure guys have legit had no clue how they popped dirty) and the USADA trying to have some secretism to how they catch dirty fighters.

Comment

A real athlete should only need vitamins and a healthy diet
        Wait, is it 1956 again?

All althetes take supplements. Creatine, protein, aminos and a whole bunch of other legal stuff. Taking your Flintstone vitamins and eating your wheaties is a little outdated

Comment

All Creatine does is add water weight on your body
          Big dog didnt you experiment with supplements back in the day? like Andro and creatine? which ones did you take and why did you stop?

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Creatine is very effective. Creatine is the most proven supplement on the market for increasing strength, size and building muscle so there's a reason why so many athletes love creatine. It's basically a muscle building supplement and it works. At some point in the near future I think creatine will get banned.
            I think it was actually banned in the NCAA for a while early on

Comment

quick shout out for this documentary-film Icarus - it is about the Russian doping scandal which got many Russian athletes banned from Olympics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                quick shout out for this documentary-film Icarus - it is about the Russian doping scandal which got many Russian athletes banned from Olympics, etc.
                Is that in the theaters I gotta check it out.

Comment

Is that in the theaters I gotta check it out.
                  Netflix. V interesting watch. Goes into the political side of things... national pride at any cost, officials turning a blind eye, etc.

Comment

Is creatine, andro, whey, ripped fuels allowed?
                    I heard they even ban hairloss drugs like propecia because its used as a masking agent because it increases estrogen or something.

They ban certain heart medications and blood pressure meds to, i heard in order to take these meds you have to first go to usada and tell them you have this condtion with a doctors note so you get a tue.

How come fighters in boxing and mma still dont follow the rules? Usada and vada clearly state that you must present them the supplements and vitamins you plan on taking to get approval by them to see if they dont contain ban substances, so if you do get popped they can test you supplements to see if it was a tainted supp and go to that company to do a factory investigation.
                    What type of supplements do USADA and VADA allow boxers to use?*

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      What type of supplements do USADA and VADA allow boxers to use?*
                      Siablo posted the link on page one peep it

Comment

Working...
                      X