No announcement yet.

Sam Peter vs. Rocky Marciano.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    People still don't understand that men like Marciano, Dempsey, LaMotta and Tyson who work low and use head and upper body movement as their primary defense are hard to hit!
    If your watching the Charles, Walcott or even old Moore fights your forgetting those guys are ATG's! You get hit when you fight ATG's. Sam Peters doesn't land on the "low target" but he gets his heart, liver and kidneys punched before the shots go up to the head.
    Marciano was a mean man and Peters wasn't. Eddie Chambers handled him easily and Chambers attacking isn't Marciano attacking!
    He struggled against a blown up Toney and Toney doesn't hit like the Rock could.
    Rock wears this guy down by the end and either stops him via tko or wins a decision.

A great fighter at his best beats an opponent level talent.

Ray
    There is tape of marciano on this site brought in by myself and others showing that marciano was a lot better defensively than people think.

People would rather just say something silly because there ass is not going to have to cash the check. If your house was in hock and you had to pick the winner of Marciano versus Peter it would be interesting because...most people who were not idiots would do some research! and they might even get an informed opinion about the relative merits of each man.

Comment

People are making Peter out to be Ernie Shavers. He doesn't even punch that hard. No leverage, just brute strength.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
        He'd still be on the small side as a Cruiserweight.
        yeah I know, he'd probably be a light heavyweight maybe he can cut down to even super middleweight so people should stop comparing him with the modren day heavyweights

Comment

Walcott, 198 lbs., would walk right in, slip Peter's first oafish punch and drop him with a lefhook.

Comment

Sam Peter is awful. Even the limited Marciano could beat him.

Comment

My chops redden that such a thread is up for consideration. Poor Rock, now compared to a third rate bum. Something tells me Marciano hit a lot harder than Toney and could take it better, too. If Peter could not hurt Toney (whom he hit solid on a number of occasions), how is he supposed to hurt the Rock? He would be out of gas before he could get the Rock cut to pieces, wouldn'r he?

Comment

People are basing Peter's power on his knockouts over the iron chinned fighters Jeremy Williams and Oleg Maskaev?

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                  Marciano would be a current day cruiserweight or maybe even light heavyweight
                  Your sig is the reaction I had when I ran into my first jab from a guy who outweighed me by ~80lbs. Drunk Backyard sparring wasn't always the funniest thing.

Comment

Not sure if srs.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                      He'd still be on the small side as a Cruiserweight.
                      Quite a few cruisers id pick to beat Peter tbh.

Especially in a 15rnd fight

Comment

Working...
                      X