Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward stock, am I being to harsh?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward stock, am I being to harsh?

I was a bigger fan before this fight. My stock has dropped a bit on Ward.

"The fans know who won"--The entire crowd was rooting for you ward. I know he was smiling after the KD but he looked dazed abit, he has a good chin as he recovered.

Also, Ward LITERALLY initiates a hold every single time he may not have momentum, HORRIBLE TO WATCH. He demonstrated no superior power shot advantage or jab, the only thing he was good at was taking a shot and slowing down kovalevs momentum at times. I felt kovalev out landed him slightly, and of course the KD was huge and clean.

ALL my buddies are casuals and thought won the fight competitively, scoring round 4-12 basiaccly 50/50, making Kov the decisive winner.

We were all just like, that's the last boxing PPV we ever order--On to the UFC permanently.

I don't see how who ever is behind this could believe it's better for boxing. Ward is literally one of the mos boring fighters in the sport. I think floyd for example is MUCH more entertaining because he has way cleaner footwork and uses more of the ring offensively.

Wards stocks def dropped. He didnt look close to what he was vs Froch and Dawson and won a gift decision, he was no1 pfp before the fight for me, he has dropped a few spots down now.

Comment

I don't think anyone can put Kovalev below Ward in the P4P lists.

Comment

Kovalev pushed him to the limit, i think we are not giving Kovalev enough credit here

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          I don't think anyone can put Kovalev below Ward in the P4P lists.
          yes the can..Ward beat him

Comment

I can't see how either of Ward or kovolev's stock falls after this fight..

Neither got "exposed"

Comment

Kov clinched alot as well. He tried to nullify alot of wards inside game by headlocking him stop being bias.

Comment

man, not one judge gave kovalev either rounds 9 or 10 LOL, that says it ALL, fixed all the way baby, made in vegas ward style, thats the way it is in boxing

Comment

I can't see how either of Ward or kovolev's stock falls after this fight..

Neither got "exposed"
                  I agree, Kov started strong and Ward closed down the stretch like many expected. It was a great fight and the rematch is warranted for many reasons..

Comment

His stock dropped because what? He wasn't fighting a p4p top 3 fighter I guess. He got hit hard opening the fight and recovered and made it a close fight. I'm confused, even if he lost, how did his stock drop in having s close fight with a dominant p4p champion at a weight where he's essentially the novice and smaller man.

Comment

Working...
                    X