Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen A. Smith/tim bradley fight commentary ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Who gives a **** about this small dying community? Boxing fans are trash. They praise UFC for their marketing and exposure but as soon as boxing does something outside the norm boxing fans ***** & complain. Smith was the second most famous man in that arena last night until Floyd walked in. More exposure for boxing is a good thing. If I were a promoter I wouldn't give a damn what hardcore fans said. There's not even enough of them to keep the lights on and all they do is complain
    I had to think about your comment for a long time because I see your point. However, I can't stand how the UFC is full off frat boys who even talk **** to the fighters at the press conferences so I have to see it through with civility. At least that way I can keep my self respect.

Comment

I'm not the least bit surprised to hear Smith not only knew nothing, but acted like an aggressive a**hole that thinks he knows everything while knowing nothing. It's his specialty.

You can bring in casual voices that are actually pleasant to listen, rather than an annoying ****ing race-baiting prick like Stephen A. Smith. He's basically the ESPN representative of the fl0mos.

Comment

Smith was BAD!! talking **** on fighters the whole fight when he probably never got into a fight himself. Scoring it for Vargas and making everything funny. He was trying to be this funny dude since he had no idea what to say. Seriously it was really bad. Kenny was ok. Hope we never see Smith again as a commentator.

Comment

I found it funny when Stephen A Smith was excitingly proclaiming Vargas was winning the fight..yadayayadayada....and that Pac hasn't
          scored a KO in years, and points are important.

Comment

I can't believe he said to Bradley "well why didn't you adjust to that?" when discussing what Pacquaio did well against him. You could tell Bradley was annoyed by that.

Yeah Stephen because it's that ****ing easy, Pacquaio's fought the who's who of this era and you can count on one hand who's been able to adjust and beat him.

Have some respect.

Seems like he rubbed loads of fans up the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
              "Who gives a **** about this small dying community? Boxing fans are trash. They praise UFC for their marketing and exposure but as soon as boxing does something outside the norm boxing fans"

See this is where you go wrong. Stephen A smith is not the guy to bring them this exposure. He has a history of acting unprofessional and has never been a boxing analyst. He kept trying to make Bradley look bad but was only looking himself look more unprofessional. He must have been drunk honestly.

The UFC just does a more efficient job with these kinds of things. Boxing is out of touch, SEPHEN A IS NOT THE GUY TO RESURRECT It, i BET HE WILL DROP RATINGS.
              He was the second most famous guy in the arena before Floyd walked in. Smith gets ratings, is controversial, and brings massive exposure to the sport on the biggest sports channel in the world. And you're still talking about him the day after so Arum did his job.

And what do you mean he'll drop ratings? This was a PPV & it wasn't expected to do well before he was announced as a commentator. Nobody buys PPV's for the broadcast team and nobody will choose not to buy it for the commentary team. There's a mute button

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I can't believe he said to Bradley "well why didn't you adjust to that?" when discussing what Pacquaio did well against him. You could tell Bradley was annoyed by that.

Yeah Stephen because it's that ****ing easy, Pacquaio's fought the who's who of this era and you can count on one hand who's been able to adjust and beat him.

Have some respect.

That was great Most boxing writers would've said it on Twitter then smiled in Bradley face when they saw him. I like towards the end of the fight when Smith said he'd forgot to include Pacquiao KD on his scorecard & Timmy said "you still got Vargas winning, Stephen?"

And who gives a damn if crybaby boxing fans are upset. When the PPV numbers come out we'll see how much they supported Pac. If the numbers are horrible then boxing fans need to STFU because you don't even support the fight but wanna complain about who's doing the commentary.

People are still talking about Smith today so Bob did the right thing.

Comment

bradley is still sour that manny beat him "twice" he saw manny being hurt with every single punch that vargas landed

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Have some respect.

or when he started saying when manny starts bouncing around like that, that means he's exicted. thats the time you should jump on him and catch him . lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      bradley is still sour that manny beat him "twice" he saw manny being hurt with every single punch that vargas landed
                      nah, i only heard bradley called it once. i think it was right at the end of the 3rd. he said vargas stung manny. thats all. bradley also said vargas was hurt from the flash knock down when stephen a smith was saying vargas wasnt hurt. i think bradley is a good commentator just like roy. they're both fighters so they know what they're talking about. at the end of the fight, bradley even said manny is the #1 ww right now, thats showing manny a lot of respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X