Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question. Who would've finished Brook faster??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
    dude, u make it seem like golovkin is above criticism. it was a **** fight to begin with. & any sort of criticism gets grouped in as "mayweather die hards attacking my great one golovkin"

golovkin isn't above criticism. and with the way the fight went obviously he will get plenty of it.

put brook in with spence........spence goes to that body way better then golovkin & is more patient, better defensibly minded. at 154 many opponents stop brook including canelo. i don't see him making it out of 6 rounds with canelo.

i actually think brook vs canelo is next so we'll see it.
    Nobody said Golovkin is the "great one" or my great one for that matter. I usually leave that kind of delusional demagoguery to Floyd J. Mayweather fans. I'm not saying at all that Golovkin doesn't deserve to get criticized. What I am saying is people that are a formal fan of "TBE" are trying to write him off and close the book on a "overhyped" "bum" that is hardly average.
    How does Canelo take out Kell in 6 when he went life and death with war torn after thought Miguel Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
      Yea. Irrational hate. I'm not saying anybody has to applaud this fight as anything great but all this talk about Golovkin being a bum/no skills/exposed is ridiculous. I'm not one of those who spouts off Kell being a worthy 160lber because he was 176 30days prior to weigh in but to say Kell was coming in as a welterweight is crazy. He was filled out at his walking around weight coming in as a average sized middleweight. Sergio Martinez and Hopkins came in at 160 at smaller weights. On another note I predicted a while back that Kell may have serious trouble making 147 and when this fight got signed, I saw him now heading to 154. Golovkin did throw some wide misses but got the job done in great time. Kell Brook literally wouldve been severely hurt or ktfo. He was finished on the ropes just letting Golovkin wail on him and not returning any fire.
      you see this is what pisses me off. it doesn't matter what brook came in as. he doesn't have experience fighting middleweights. he's a welterweight fighting other welterweights. he doesn't have middleweight experience. that in it's self means more then actual weight. it was absolutely nothing special about a brook win at middleweight. i wouldn't even be impressed if andy lee got a brook win at middleweight. or even mora. you think I will be impressed by golovkin being pushed by brook & then eventually abandon all gameplan to impose his size and strength? something that we already knew could happen going into the fight? i give brook the credit for even making golovkin throw out his entire game plan to say "hey, this guy is out boxing the life out of me in spots. i must throw away everything and use size" thats pushing golovkin.

even golovkin rated his own performance a 4 out of 10.

Comment

Yea. Irrational hate. I'm not saying anybody has to applaud this fight as anything great but all this talk about Golovkin being a bum/no skills/exposed is ridiculous. I'm not one of those who spouts off Kell being a worthy 160lber because he was 176 30days prior to weigh in but to say Kell was coming in as a welterweight is crazy. He was filled out at his walking around weight coming in as a average sized middleweight. Sergio Martinez and Hopkins came in at 160 at smaller weights. On another note I predicted a while back that Kell may have serious trouble making 147 and when this fight got signed, I saw him now heading to 154. Golovkin did throw some wide misses but got the job done in great time. Kell Brook literally wouldve been severely hurt or ktfo. He was finished on the ropes just letting Golovkin wail on him and not returning any fire.

I think all criticism is warranted and justified.
        The fact that Brook had never fought at world level in the MW division indicates he shouldn't have shared the ring with GGG to start with.

Had he gone up the weights naturally e.g. Hold a strap at 154, then Golovkin would have received all the credit in the world, just as Manny (147) received for beating Bradley (140).

You're right about Brooks weight though, when he was in the Sky studios covering Thurman vs Porter he looked very out of shape. You could say he appeared unprofessional.

GGG is bigger in every aspect but he's a consumate pro as he keeps close to fighting weight year round as proven by his 30 day weigh in.
        Floyd was around 150s year round as well.

Comment

Nobody said Golovkin is the "great one" or my great one for that matter. I usually leave that kind of delusional demagoguery to Floyd J. Mayweather fans. I'm not saying at all that Golovkin doesn't deserve to get criticized. What I am saying is people that are a formal fan of "TBE" are trying to write him off and close the book on a "overhyped" "bum" that is hardly average.
          How does Canelo take out Kell in 6 when he went life and death with war torn after thought Miguel Cotto
          because that cotto is better & stronger then brook. cotto had been fighting at 154 so he's use to fighting naturally bigger guys. cotto is disgustingly underrated on these forums. also his only 2 stoppages are to marg (who very well may have used plaster) and to pac. but the pac stoppage he certainly could have made the distance in that 12th and final round. it was just the refs decision to stop it. even cotto protested that 12 round pac stoppage. cotto and brook are not the same......cotto is of a much higher quality.

people who are trying to write golovkin off? who are these people? for me i want to continue to see him fight. take on bigger challenges. move up if u can't get anyone at 160. in realty he had no business even being in this fight. if he wasn't in this fight he wouldn't have even gave himself the opportunity to look bad against brook. when u look bad against someone like brook it amplifies everything because brook is a welterweight. like roy jones jr. said "don't come to me asking me what should golovkin do about opponents because I'm gonna tell you the truth. if they won't fight u at middleweight you go up and find one. I'm not telling you something that i wouldn't do myself, you have to go up and find one"

thats old school boxing talk. how boxing should be. u guys are use to babying triple g. enough is enough at this point.
          Last edited by Godsfly; 09-12-2016, 10:38 AM.

Comment

you see this is what pisses me off. it doesn't matter what brook came in as. he doesn't have experience fighting middleweights. he's a welterweight fighting other welterweights. he doesn't have middleweight experience. that in it's self means more then actual weight. it was absolutely nothing special about a brook win at middleweight. i wouldn't even be impressed if andy lee got a brook win at middleweight. or even mora. you think I will be impressed by golovkin being pushed by brook & then eventually abandon all gameplan to impose his size and strength? something that we already knew could happen going into the fight? i give brook the credit for even making golovkin throw out his entire game plan to say "hey, this guy is out boxing the life out of me in spots. i must throw away everything and use size" thats pushing golovkin.

even golovkin rated his own performance a 4 out of 10.
            God...again..I'm not saying in any way, shape or form Golovkin put on a stellar performance as compared to what he's capable of. I actually looked forward to this fight because Kell is a big Welterweight with the tools and size that puts him in a better position to make a competitive fight over every other Welter. Of course it was a long shot, why would Kell not get beat down by Golovkins power? But I thought the combination of speed and power would give him a chance to really throw the kitchen sink at him. He did what he could but ultimately it was a mismatch and couldn't compete. Brook did come in as a healthy middleweight however. It wasn't like Marquez moving up as a career featherweight to fight Floyd at Welterweight, grossly undersized. Even with Khan vs Canelo, Canelo was massive compared to Khan. But yes, obviously Kell hasn't fought someone at 160lbs before and that in itself is a fair cop out because this was a lose lose situation in terms of looking for a victory. Mad respect for Kell taking this fight and committing the way he did in the ring.

Comment

I'm really not sure If anyone else would stop him I don't see Thurman hurting him.. I think Spence could KO him but Brook would likely be damaging himself to make 147...

If the fight with Spence and Brook was made at 154lbs I think Spence might win but he might not necessary get a KO.

Comment

This sounds like someone clutching at straws because his hero looked awful against a man two weight divisions smaller.

Comment

God...again..I'm not saying in any way, shape or form Golovkin put on a stellar performance as compared to what he's capable of. I actually looked forward to this fight because Kell is a big Welterweight with the tools and size that puts him in a better position to make a competitive fight over every other Welter. Of course it was a long shot, why would Kell not get beat down by Golovkins power? But I thought the combination of speed and power would give him a chance to really throw the kitchen sink at him. He did what he could but ultimately it was a mismatch and couldn't compete. Brook did come in as a healthy middleweight however. It wasn't like Marquez moving up as a career featherweight to fight Floyd at Welterweight, grossly undersized. Even with Khan vs Canelo, Canelo was massive compared to Khan. But yes, obviously Kell hasn't fought someone at 160lbs before and that in itself is a fair cop out because this was a lose lose situation in terms of looking for a victory. Mad respect for Kell taking this fight and committing the way he did in the ring.
                  I'll tell you why i think marquez was a better win for mayweather vs brook for golovkin at this point even though i don't really consider ether. but I'll tell you why the marquez win is much much better then brook. marquez was p4p number 2. mayweather was on a lay off. marquez had just outbox (in my opinion) the number one guy in the sport in pac. also marquez went on to show his worth at 147. it remains to be seen what brook can do at 160.

kell had the wrong gameplan in my mind. leonard tried to tell him what to work on. speed, stamina, constant movement. work and train for 15 rounds. speed and movement. kell was more focused on his thighs looking big. kell didn't fight golovkin different vs his any other fights really. and he needed different against golovkin. he thought coming in bigger would be enough......
                  Last edited by Godsfly; 09-12-2016, 10:53 AM.

Comment

because that cotto is better & stronger then brook. cotto had been fighting at 154 so he's use to fighting naturally bigger guys. cotto is disgustingly underrated on these forums. also his only 2 stoppages are to marg (who very well may have used plaster) and to pac. but the pac stoppage he certainly could have made the distance in that 12th and final round. it was just the refs decision to stop it. even cotto protested that 12 round pac stoppage. cotto and brook are not the same......cotto is of a much higher quality.

people who are trying to write golovkin off? who are these people? for me i want to continue to see him fight. take on bigger challenges. move up if u can't get anyone at 160. in realty he had no business even being in this fight. if he wasn't in this fight he wouldn't have even gave himself the opportunity to look bad against brook. when u look bad against someone like brook it amplifies everything because brook is a welterweight. like roy jones jr. said "don't come to me asking me what should golovkin do about opponents because I'm gonna tell you the truth. if they won't fight u at middleweight you go up and find one. I'm not telling you something that i wouldn't do myself, you have to go up and find one"

thats old school boxing talk. how boxing should be. u guys are use to babying triple g. enough is enough at this point.
                    Of course Cotto is more accomplished then Brook but Cotto hasn't been the same fighter since he got beat down by Margs, plaster or no plaster. Whether its getting beat to a pulp by Pacquiao or embarrassed by Trout, Cotto hasn't had the level of finesse and success like he used to. Canelo should have been able to get Cotto out of there especially considering his huge size advantage.
                    I agree Golovkin is shooting himself in the foot complaining about wanting the best fights with opponent A while passing up opponent B and signing time and again with opponents C and D. I still think Golovkin would be a fool to abandon 160 and campaign at 168 where the same problem of ducking is likely to continue. Maybe things have changed but I remember a year ago Groves suggesting Golovkin just stay at 160. Not to mention all the other 168 guys who are calling him out (I think Regale and Froch did for a second) probably have no real intention to fighting him. This all excluding Ward. I could be wrong but Golovkin really backed out of that one. It's the same people saying he should move up to 168-175 that are calling his middleweight presence as a joke and nothing there to garner respect.

Comment

I'll tell you why i think marquez was a better win for mayweather vs brook for golovkin at this point even though i don't really counter ether. but I'll tell you why the marquez win is much much better then brook. marquez was p4p number 2. mayweather was on a lay off. marquez had just outbox (in my opinion) the number one guy in the sport in pac. also marquez went on to show his worth at 147. it remains to be seen what brook can do at 160.

kell had the wrong gameplan in my mind. leonard tried to tell him what to work on. speed, stamina, constant movement. work and train for 15 rounds. speed and movement. kell was more focused on his thighs looking big. kell didn't fight golovkin different vs his any other fights really. and he needed different against golovkin. he thought coming in bigger would be enough......
                      Yea I think after the fight wore on him not being able to keep up what needed to be done to go punch for punch, he started to going with a rope a dope type approach focusing on letting Golovkin flail his shots. The problem was standing still and covering up is what did him in so fast. Just to much power he got hit with to recover

Comment

Working...
                      X