No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beltran: Marquez's Run Does Not Depend on Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    Errrrrr...so no matter how badly Pac lost, he really won? Is that what you're trying to say?

Marquez won the fight in the single most convincing, greatest and most destructive, manner you can win a fight in boxing. He knocked him out with one punch. Ended the fight without having any possible discussion of who was better. When you annihilate the other dude with one punch, nothing else matters.

Marquez won the fight. It's doesnt matter what Pac had done before, or whether he won two rounds more, because he lost the whole fight. By brutal knockout.

Unless you get to the end of the fight, winning a couple of rounds more than your opponent means absolutely nothing. In boxing, you win one of two ways. By stoppage or by points. Points don't matter if you get KTFO. You don't win a fight by getting stopped!

did pacboy say pac won?....was'nt pac winning before the ko?...i dunno know what the big deal is with what he said , its what happened...

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      I love the win for JMM. I didnt just watch the KO. I watched the whole fight. I saw JMM lucky to make it out of the 5th and to the end of the 6th....and with one hail mary Pac went to sleep. Not to mention it was a good fight. And both fighters looked good. The only reason people wouldnt like to see the 5th fight is because they dont want Manny to erase the KO or KO JMM in return. Haters like yourself want the lasting image for ignorant reasons. JMM and Manny has never in 4 fights given a bad performance. Its always been exciting with two kick ass fighters. i dont need a moral victory fukface....Thats boxing. So get back to watching dudes in their underwear roll around on the floor with nuts in their face...and leave boxing to us real fans!!!
      How was Marquez lucky to make it out of the 5th round? You act like it was the first time Marquez has been hurt. Every fighter that thought that Marquez was hurt ended up getting KTFO and know Pacquiao joins the list. Pac has hurt Marquez many times but he has never been able to finish him, what makes you think that he was gonna finish him this time.

Comment

the fifth fight is going to be harder to make than most people think and its all going to come down to money....

marquez didnt just beat pacquiao, he knocked him out cold and now believes he deserves a huge slice of the pie..... meanwhile pacquiao is still chasing the numbers mayweather is making.... i think Arum is going to have a hard time making the fight

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          I love the win for JMM. I didnt just watch the KO. I watched the whole fight. I saw JMM lucky to make it out of the 5th and to the end of the 6th....and with one hail mary Pac went to sleep. Not to mention it was a good fight. And both fighters looked good. The only reason people wouldnt like to see the 5th fight is because they dont want Manny to erase the KO or KO JMM in return. Haters like yourself want the lasting image for ignorant reasons. JMM and Manny has never in 4 fights given a bad performance. Its always been exciting with two kick ass fighters. i dont need a moral victory fukface....Thats boxing. So get back to watching dudes in their underwear roll around on the floor with nuts in their face...and leave boxing to us real fans!!!
          You couldn't be more wrong...

For the first time in 4 fights we have closure. We finally get to walk away from a Pac Marquez fight with no controversial result. We finally have a definitive victory, an undisputed winner, which has not happened before.

It's not about seeing Pac erase the KO, it's about ruining the perfect end to a perfect rivalry just because pacfans like you want their hero to redeem himself.

What if he gets brutally KO'd again? I don't suppose you care about his health. Let uncle bob keep milking that Pinoy cow.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
            How many times in 4 fights has Marquez been dazed and almost out of it but still found away to come back and come back? So that means nothing maybe you watched all of the 4th fight but I guess you fell asleep for the first 3!
            bullseye. his nose was broken and gushing blood after the very first round they ever fought, but we know what happened after that. even without Pacquiao running onto a power counter at the end of the 6th, there's no guarantee he would've won, or that Marquez wouldn't have adjusted and outboxed him for much of the remainder. anything has shown itself to be possible in a fight between these two.

it's worth noting that the 6th round was not a one-sided round, btw. the 5th was dominant for Pacquiao, but JMM pulled it back together and made the 6th a much closer to even round.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              See this is exactly what I was talking about! How many times in 4 fights has Marquez been dazed and almost out of it but still found away to come back and come back? So that means nothing maybe you watched all of the 4th fight but I guess you fell asleep for the first 3!

And hailmary punch? More Moral victory BS!!! Marquez throwing a perfect short counter punch catching Pac in a Mistake is what Marquez has done his whole career! With all do respect you are a nice guy but hail mary punch? That is complete and Utter bullshheet!
              Well, Pac boy is right, just like chess.. You can be winning by position and materially yet it doesn't ensure your victory until your opponent resigned or checked-mated, because anytime, somewhere along the way, just one blunder move will cost you everything! Pac was winning almost all the rounds except for the KD and KO, he was controlling the pace, yet by blunder, he walked into the fire, and boom! He was KOed cold!

Beltran is correct, for the JMM fight will no longer depend on Pac fight, though he is just bluffing I believe. Now, he knows how to become the victor, and next time around just in case Pac will win over JMM again, they should not be crying like a baby in pursuing Pac for another try! But regardless, JMM I think is a good guy and I love the way he won over Pac, it was a sweet revenge on his own right, and to all it was breath-taking! That’s why I kept on telling that a 5th fight is not at all a good idea. JMM should stay retired and savor the sweetest of his victory through-out the rest of his life and he doesn't needs money, he earned more than enough from his boxing career for his family.

But just in case he needs to fight more, the available best fighters suited to him will be Bradley? Guerrero? Malignaggi? Alexander? Ortiz? or Berto? All of these considered a good challenge to him yet in financial sense, Pac is the most suitable one and the only reason why he stays unretired. By his age, he doesn’t need to prove anything more as the best in WW for fame by facing all these young and hungry lions in the division. I believes he stays unretired and defied his family advised just because he will be gunning for an 8 digits pay this time against Pac, the biggest purse ever offered to his career just in case. Floyd is not at all an option for the mere fact that he will not be offered 8 digits, and besides, he was already defeated by Floyd squarely and very convincingly and this will not convince public that this time JMM has his card to offer against Floyd. But JMM camp could use Floyd as bargaining chip to upgrade his purse against Pac, of course.

So I think, if indeed JMM is not retired and Pac will return the soonest time, then a 5th fight is on the way to cement everything just in case JMM duplicate his winning, and if Pac will win, well, we will expect 6th and 7th fights more, most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneSpectator! View Post
                Well, Pac boy is right, just like chess.. You can be winning by position and materially yet it doesn't ensure your victory until your opponent resigned or checked-mated, because anytime, somewhere along the way, just one blunder move will cost you everything! Pac was winning almost all the rounds except for the KD and KO, he was controlling the pace, yet by blunder, he walked into the fire, and boom! He was KOed cold!
                which means he lost. he did not win. half-winning does not exist. you can bring yourself to say it. he lost.

i'm glad we cleared this up between ourselves.

Comment

Once the chin is unlocked by a one shot super KO its a rap. Marquez wont even have to use as much strength to do it again. And that punch was no hail mary or lucky punch it was a scientific, perfectly planned and executed punch.

Comment

Pac only won two rounds

So i watched the replay again last night on HBO. I don't know about Pac winning the fight until the KO like all his fans claim. First of all I just want to say that I am so fed up with HBO and it's BIASED ASS COMMENTATING! I don't know how many times I saw Marquez land a lot of good clean shots but heard no comments or any credit given to Marquez, I was like WTF really!!?? but when Manny landed something.. OH MY was Lampley, Jones, and Larry all on his nuts! What happened to Max Kellerman, I liked him at least he would keep it real! Anyways I gave Marquez rounds 1, 3, 4 and 6 so Pac only got rounds 2 and 5 from me..

Comment

Originally posted by tlaloc View Post
                      How was Marquez lucky to make it out of the 5th round? You act like it was the first time Marquez has been hurt. Every fighter that thought that Marquez was hurt ended up getting KTFO and know Pacquiao joins the list. Pac has hurt Marquez many times but he has never been able to finish him, what makes you think that he was gonna finish him this time.
                      Did you watch the fight? You only got three min in a round. The bell could have been the reason why JMM didnt get finished. He needed to KO Manny and he knew it. Thats why in the six round he retreated and looked for his opportunity. He was getting beat up in the 6th round as well. Im talking about seconds before the bell he landed the boom shot. At the ten second mark i was sure JMM wouldnt make it through the 7th taking this much abuse. JMM will kept him in that fight and his desire to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X