Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a 13.3" Mac Book Pro.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Bought a 13.3" Mac Book Pro.........

2011 model

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)

Everything is smooth and quiet along with quick web browsing. The thing is the video play back is slower than I expected. My home wifi connection is strong too. Why are the videos having issues with buffering and not having fast playback. **** is annoying, is there any solution to help speed this up without installing external memory? Any solutions? Thanks, oh and it is slow (youtube videos, etc.) with Firefox and Safari (faster with Firefox). Thanks again.

Too bad it's a mac...

Comment

haha yeah that doesn't help

Comment

If you are talking about Flash videos off the web. Install ClickToFlash extension for Safari, it allows you to replace Flash videos with the web standard HTML 5 code.

http://clicktoflash.com/
        Last edited by COVID-19; 06-18-2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
          If you are talking about Flash videos off the web. Install ClickToFlash extension for Safari, it allows you to replace Flash videos with the web standard HTML 5 code.

http://clicktoflash.com/
          I dont even have to do that for my phone. But a computer that costs well over a g wont play vids right out of the box?

Comment

Originally posted by Milk Money View Post
            I dont even have to do that for my phone. But a computer that costs well over a g wont play vids right out of the box?

It will play flash but flash is such a crappy resource hog that causes so many problems with Macs that it is best avoided.

It is Adobe that is to blame, they have neglected improving flash for Macs, that is why it was dropped from iOS.

Comment

haven't had any problems with mine so far.. best damn computer ive ever bought.

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
                It will play flash but flash is such a crappy resource hog that causes so many problems with Macs that it is best avoided.

It is Adobe that is to blame, they have neglected improving flash for Macs, that is why it was dropped from iOS.
                What's your opinion on the 2012 model for Macbook pro? Specs look almost the same with the exception of the retina thing which makes the resolution better?

What would you recommend? Get a 2011 15" or the 2012 15"

Looking to do audio work mostly with some photo editing on the MBP.

Sorry for the hijack TS.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Pepe View Post
                  What's your opinion on the 2012 model for Macbook pro? Specs look almost the same with the exception of the retina thing which makes the resolution better?

What would you recommend? Get a 2011 15" or the 2012 15"

Looking to do audio work mostly with some photo editing on the MBP.

Sorry for the hijack TS.

I would go back and look at it again, this years model is whole new refresh.

Comment

Why does the retina one cost a grand more?

Comment

Working...
                    X