No announcement yet.

Broken Noses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Noses

This thread may sound kinda silly to you , but i am very interested in knowing about how boxers get so many bands in there noses , take peter manfredo jr his nose is mashed , i was wondering if after you brake it the first tym it just starts to get worse and worse the more you box or if it just gradually go's like that after a few punches in the snout ?

Originally posted by Manfredo Jr View Post
    This thread may sound kinda silly to you , but i am very interested in knowing about how boxers get so many bands in there noses , take peter manfredo jr his nose is mashed , i was wondering if after you brake it the first tym it just starts to get worse and worse the more you box or if it just gradually go's like that after a few punches in the snout ?
    Exactly how many times was his nose broken? And what do you mean by bands? i never heard this term used before when refering to a broken nose. Peter's nose may be obviously broken but there are far worse ones to look at. If it doesnt bother him enough to do something about it, it doesnt bother me.

Comment

A broken nose is an occupational hazard for a boxer. I have had a total of one amateur fight and I have broken my nose exactly once in boxing!

Comment

I guess the toll of punch after punch eventually flattens some noses.

I noticed that on a guy I train with. His nose is already starting to flatten and hes only 19.

Comment

Originally posted by njbxr View Post
          Exactly how many times was his nose broken? And what do you mean by bands? i never heard this term used before when refering to a broken nose. Peter's nose may be obviously broken but there are far worse ones to look at. If it doesnt bother him enough to do something about it, it doesnt bother me.
          i dunno lol i made this thread over ayear ago lol

Comment

i think its meant to say bends no bands lol my bad

Comment

Originally posted by Manfredo Jr View Post
              i think its meant to say bends no bands lol my bad
              LOL.

Well I am new here and didnt even notice the date the message was posted. My bad. Being the reciprient of 2 broken noses myself, I think it depends on a number of things which cause the nose to flatten. Not all of them do. In Manfredo's case. It looks as if the cartilage has begun to deteriorate causing what is known as a saddle nose or boxers nose (aptly named). Didnt notice to many bends in his although his bridge is pretty wide. Overall the nose fits his face. He seems proud of it having pointed it out in several interviews I had seen him in.

Best is to avoid having it broken if you dont want it to turn out flat or crooked. And if it concerns you that much have it fixed. Most boxers dont bother until they end there carrers. Of course by then things never look the same.

Comment

if my nose breaks i aint getting it fixed, you know what the fix it with!

Comment

Henry Cooper's nose is mashed up. I heard that sometimes surgeons can even structure nose better than it was before in most cases. But boxers aint gonna get surgery while theyre still fighting.

Comment

I've heard many times that boxers have surgery on their nose BEFORE they begin their careers, and they take a bone out, a bone that if you hit the nose from the bottom it will go up and stab the brain, cutting off oxygen. Anybody know anything about this?

Comment

Working...
                    X