No announcement yet.

Allan Green is appealing the referees decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
    I think he should have considered fighting at 175 a long time ago. Right now he seems to fall apart like a deck of cards every time the pressure is put on him, both mentally and physically. He just doesn't seem to have it at this stage. It has been three tough losses now every single time he has stepped up in competition and he doesn't look to have the mentality to put those behind him.
    Some good points there. But I still would like to see him at 175lb. He fougt most of his early career there, but the drop to 168lb does him no favours.

He seems to tire really easy, and his punch resistance is not so good. He always looks so drained at the weigh in and even fight times I noticed in his last two fights.

At least at 175, the cut won't take as much out of him, and he may have more to give. He's also never been defeated at 175lb.

He's not world class, but can punch and has some skill. I find his Ola Afolabi(Former WBO Crusierweight Interim Champion) win fairly underrated, although both were still prospects.

He needs to work do more on his defence and range finding.

Comment

This appeal should not go far.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerJab View Post
        Would like Green to fight some of these fighters at 175lb....Luis Garcia, Karo Murat, Jameson Bostic, Dustin Dirks, & Adrian Diaconu.
        thats the level hes reduced to...or maybe he was at that level from the start...take ur pick

Comment

Green is living in dream land. He was NEVER going to beat someone as skilled as Johnson. It was a legit win for Johnson.. Another ass trying to screw him over. Green you was on queer street!

Comment

I cant stand Allan Green

Comment

The worst thing about this is that we have to see Allan Green's name in the news for two more days. But I look forward to watching his next fight on ESPN 2.

Comment

He sat there and argued with the ref... but couldnt get up.

shows how much he really wanted to win that fight

Comment

Originally posted by PowerJab View Post
                  Some good points there. But I still would like to see him at 175lb. He fougt most of his early career there, but the drop to 168lb does him no favours.

He seems to tire really easy, and his punch resistance is not so good. He always looks so drained at the weigh in and even fight times I noticed in his last two fights.

At least at 175, the cut won't take as much out of him, and he may have more to give. He's also never been defeated at 175lb.

He's not world class, but can punch and has some skill. I find his Ola Afolabi(Former WBO Crusierweight Interim Champion) win fairly underrated, although both were still prospects.

He needs to work do more on his defence and range finding.
                  The weight is not an issue, he lacks confidence. He's a mental case and that's why he will never do well against the top fighters. I don't even rate his win over Ola. That was a 4 round fight back in 2003 and it was Ola's 3rd fight.

Allan Green talks alot better than he fights and you need to put him in the ring with B and C-level fighters in order for him to look decent.
                  Last edited by VatoMulatto; 11-08-2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

If Green was coherent enough to argue with the ref about the punch as soon as he went down, he was coherent enough to make the 10 count with no problem.

Comment

Man this guy is out of focus, either he get his **** back up all together or he better say goodbye to boxing...what a shame, i thought he had it, i thought he had it...

Comment

Working...
                      X