Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe vs James Toney at 168 who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
    But we're talking about theoretical nonsense, we're talking about when the stars line up, when you win the lottery and when we have world peace all in the one day as known as the time James Toney was in his prime

Toney fans sort of take the shine off of his career the lies from them is embarrassing, trying to make him look like something he isn't.
    He's a great fighter, very talented but he has his many flaws like many other fighters he isn't world class.
    He wasn't world class?

What the hell are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      when people discuss james toney they just write off any loss as 'james wasnt focused' or 'james had an off night', they make out if he was focused he was unbeatable. Im a big james toney fan cause i love his old school attitude but this guy seems to get heavily heavily overrated in fantasy fights. Joe was a considerably better fighter which is why joe was undefeated and toney has losses and struggles against some real trash opponents.
      Joe wasn't a considerably better fighter you clown.

Joe had discipline and great longevity.

He was a great fighter.

He deserves an awful lot of respect. But let's not pretend he'd have remained undefeated if he'd fought some of the guys who James did, well above his natural weight class.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
        Joe wasn't a considerably better fighter you clown.

Joe had discipline and great longevity.

He was a great fighter.

He deserves an awful lot of respect. But let's not pretend he'd have remained undefeated if he'd fought some of the guys who James did, well above his natural weight class.
        james moved up the weights largely due to ill discipline with weight. At 168 and 175 which joe fought, joe wouldnt have lost to the fighters that toney lost to ( roy jones, montell griffin, drake thadzi)

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Yeah but if Calzaghe fought Toney's level of opposition he'd have some losses aswell.
          Bingo!

I know you're not a fan of James, but this is bang on the money.

There's no way Joe was beating the likes of Roy at 25.

Comment

roy jones won almost every round against toney, calzaghe won almost every round against roy jones. And dont give me that crap about primes, calzaghe was an old man when he fought roy too
            A truly staggering post.

Oh my.

You haven't got a clue have you.

Comment

james moved up the weights largely due to ill discipline with weight. At 168 and 175 which joe fought, joe wouldnt have lost to the fighters that toney lost to ( roy jones, montell griffin, drake thadzi)
              Joe wouldn't have lost to Roy Jones?

Comment

fact is these guys cant hold a candle to joe calzaghe. The guy was 46-0 because he couldnt lose, joe didnt know how to lose.

Joe had critics all his career. People said he was a hypejob so he then whooped eubank. People said he was a limited european, so he brought lacy over here and schooled his ass, as the betting underdog. Then people said he couldnt do it in america, couldnt beat a legend in hopkins. Joe went over there and landed more shots on hopkins than any other fighter has done in his career. People said he couldnt beat roy, and that he was avoiding him. He got roy in the ring and beat him from pillar to post for 11 of the 12 rounds.

Joe was as close to an unbeatable fighter as if ive seen, you knock joe down he gets back up. Joe was as intelligent as they come, whatever style he was presented with he would find a way to win. People can do these fantasy fights all they want, they can match up any fighter with him at 168 and my answer will be the same- joe would have beat them.
                It gets worse.

CRINGE!

Where do I even start?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Oh he struggled mightily, Bika was mauling him on the inside and had him stumbling around the ring with clean shots like he did a mere 15 secs into round 1.

Bika landed the cleaner, harder shots, JC had the higher volume.
                  When you compare Stevenson, Ward's and even Bute's performances against him, they all separate themselves, JC didn't. Just like Kovalev, Dawson, Smith separated themselves from Hopkins.
                  Ward struggled against Bika, even though the ref was helping him as much as possible. The judges were unfair to Bika - he deserved no worse than a draw.

Bute had the widest win against prime Bika.

Bika was faded by the time he got to Stevenson.

Hopkins was a bit faded by the time he fought Dawson, and Kovalev and, more so against Smith, but he was still close to his best against Calzaghe.

JC also arguably lost to Reid, already been 6 years pro, in his prime.
                  Reid even acknowledged in the post-fight interview that Joe had won.

You've likely never watched the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                    A truly staggering post.

Oh my.

You haven't got a clue have you.
                    trust me when it comes to joe noone knows more than i do. Joe had a lot of injuries, was approaching 40 himself. ROy had seen better days but was in good condition, showed that with the early knockdown. It was incredibly one sided in the end. IM not having it that if it was a few years earlier roy would go from chasing joes shadows to being able to beat him , no chance whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Joe wouldn't have lost to Roy Jones?
                      yep you read that correct sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X