No announcement yet.

Andre Ward stock, am I being to harsh?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    If his stock dropped then you don't think very highly of Kovalev.
    Well I favoured Ward to win and thought he would outbox Kovalev, and he didnt, and should of lost, so his stock dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      I was a bigger fan before this fight. My stock has dropped a bit on Ward.

"The fans know who won"--The entire crowd was rooting for you ward. I know he was smiling after the KD but he looked dazed abit, he has a good chin as he recovered.

Also, Ward LITERALLY initiates a hold every single time he may not have momentum, HORRIBLE TO WATCH. He demonstrated no superior power shot advantage or jab, the only thing he was good at was taking a shot and slowing down kovalevs momentum at times. I felt kovalev out landed him slightly, and of course the KD was huge and clean.

ALL my buddies are casuals and thought won the fight competitively, scoring round 4-12 basiaccly 50/50, making Kov the decisive winner.

We were all just like, that's the last boxing PPV we ever order--On to the UFC permanently.

I don't see how who ever is behind this could believe it's better for boxing. Ward is literally one of the mos boring fighters in the sport. I think floyd for example is MUCH more entertaining because he has way cleaner footwork and uses more of the ring offensively.
      Ward is the most disgusting poison I've ever watched. He makes Wladimir and Ruiz look like super skilled fighters.

No one can enjoy watching that surely.

Comment

Previous to this fight I put Ward right next to Mayweather in terms of skills. But now I'm reconsidering cuz he really didn't have anything for Kovalev on the outside. His clinch game was his saving grace, albeit one that continues to straddle the line of what's legal and what's not. Dude has a long way to go before he reaches mayweather status.

Comment

Working...
        X