Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Passes Weight Cut Rules for Combat Sports

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously, it's a good thing... but only in California?

Comment

I don't think it would make sense to put a hard rehydration limit in lbs as other posters are suggesting but i would like some objective criteria for determining too dehydrated to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        I wonder if the ban on IV rehydration will be referred to as the "The Floyd Rule".....
        gotta be the DLH rule since he did it first

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          I was expecting some type of hard rehydration rule. Like you could only rehydrate 7% more after weight in or a specific amount of pounds. Not sure how big of a difference this will make.

Fighters who cut massive weight probably look fully hydrated by the time their fight starts. The problem is that it takes longer to rehydrate your brain, and I don't think the doctors could really check that. I would think a checkup immediately after the weigh in would make more sense. If you look more terrible than what's reasonable after a weigh in, you're out.
          Exactly. I'm not a fan of this rule. I'm not sure its a step in the right direction.

I still say a fighters weight division(s) needs to be thrust upon him when he gets his boxing license with some sort of BMI & his body type (how you go about it is arguable). I think the whole deal with weight cutting is a problem & a bit of a sport within combat sports. I'd prefer to see a guy walking around at 175 fighting at 175 than see a guy walking around at 175 or 160 fighting at 147 like I think is happening now & I don't foresee this rule having much impact on the bigger problem here.

Comment

Omg you guys are stupid! This is just more people that will need to be paid off in order to have the show go on. Trust me

Comment

Working...
            X