Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should Wlad vs Pianeta be a non title fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Can't believe Wlad is actually going to fight this stiff. Its not bad enough this is the worst era ever, but to be fighting a guy like this....he should be ashamed.
    If Wlad were Floyd Mayweather then he wouldn't fight at all and everyone would kiss his d*ck for not losing.

I guess Klit deserves criticism for being an active champion who takes defending all of his titles necessary.

Bat is the only one not talking like an @ss in this thread as far as I can tell.

There is nobody out there vocalizing a desire to fight Wladimir right now, at least not seriously. Povetkin will weasel his way out.

Say what you want about Klitschko but rarely, if ever, has a HW champion been so universally avoided by the top available opposition.

Comment

• It should not happen, but no, it should not be a non title fight. It's a vol defense.

It's better than purely being inactive and fight once a year. It's not a ppv fight.

Comment

You think Pianeta is a worthy challenger for the heavyweight championship?
        Well if he actually happened to beat Wlad, you don't think he should be champion?

Come on now Bro, there have been far worse title defenses.... Floyd and Paq defended their titles against A 5 and 6 loss, 2007-2008 De La Hoya..l. Really? What did that prove? Among many other examples. And that was when both of those guys had plenty of other options to choose from...

Wlad simply does not and st least this guy is in shape, big and undefeated. Who knows, what If he KOs Wlad? Then of course he should be champ. If he actually won, then it doesn't matter who he fought before.

On and those DLH fights were big "PPV" fights, that some clowns mention as their biggest wins...

Oh yeah Old man Oscar was also inactive for a whole year when he fought Floyd..

Lulz

This title defense is fine/thread
        Last edited by King_; 03-16-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Boxing doesn't reward the best competitor over a period of time, like football does. Wlad is the champion. If you beat him, you become champion.

It's a **** title fight, but a title fight nonetheless.

Comment

• Also, LMAO @ Tim Witherspoon being held up as the bright shining example of Larry Holmes superiority.

I will quote a prime Tim Witherspoon after being destroyed inside of 1 round by Bonecrusher Smith

"I couldn't get into the fight. I didn't care about it."

Sounds like the kind of fighter Pianeta can only wish to become.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              Also, LMAO @ Tim Witherspoon being held up as the bright shining example of Larry Holmes superiority.

I will quote a prime Tim Witherspoon after being destroyed inside of 1 round by Bonecrusher Smith

"I couldn't get into the fight. I didn't care about it."

Sounds like the kind of fighter Pianeta can only wish to become.
              I'll get back and answer some of the other posts when I get a chance but I just wanted to touch on this one. The fight you are talking about was heavily rumored to have been thrown by Witherspoon so he could get out of his contract with King who had him locked in as champion if Im not mistaken.

But lets be realistic, all you have to do is watch both Pianeta and Witherspoon on film to know which was the vastly better fighter.

Comment

Are you kidding? This guy is very popular in Germany. One of the new breed of heavyweight.
                which one are you referring to?

Comment

• Originally posted by King- View Post
                  Well if he actually happened to beat Wlad, you don't think he should be champion?
                  no, the reason Wlad has picked a failed sparring partner is so that he doesnt not get beaten. Its like Lewis v Wlad, Wlad wouldn't even win by lucky punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    Nobody else is willing and/or ready at the moment, what should he do, sit around twiddling his thumbs until Povetkin mans up?

And you were the one complaining about heavyweight fighters sitting around instead of just fighting each other.

'Double standards'
                    I bet David Haye would take another Wlad fight in the blink of an eye. He's rated, has held a paper title, and he's a known commodity.

Comment

But lets be realistic, all you have to do is watch both Pianeta and Witherspoon on film to know which was the vastly better fighter.
                      You are probably correct, but I never saw Witherspoon before the Holmes fight which would be a fair gauge. Is there any footage available of the 15 fights Witherspoon had before getting the shot at Holmes?

Comment

Working...
                      X