No announcement yet.

Nigel Benn vs Carl Froch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    You couldn't resist to bring up the Mayweather-Fatton fight. "Oi the ref robbed the 'Itman 'Atton of a feckin victory 'e did."

Get over it mate.
    My reply was to daggum, how about you talk Froch-Benn if you have some real interest in the thread as opposed to coming in to defend pretty boy's honour.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      My reply was to daggum, how about you talk Froch-Benn if you have some real interest in the thread as opposed to coming in to defend pretty boy's honour.
      I'm ashamed to admit I never really seen Benn fight

I'm not "defending" Floyd's honor anymore than you're trying to make excuses for the Hatton loss. Right?

Comment

Only for the ref,McClellan would have stopped Benn in 1!
        Froch and Benn would have been action packed and hard to call but I lean slightly towards Froch on points

Comment

I'm ashamed to admit I never really seen Benn fight
          I don't see any shame in that, you can't watch everybody.

I'm not "defending" Floyd's honor anymore than you're trying to make excuses for the Hatton loss. Right?
          No, I was discussing refereeing and highlighting a difference. Asaro was not good in the Benn fight, but I don't think it was accurate to say he continually interfered beyond the first round.

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
          Only for the ref,McClellan would have stopped Benn in 1!
          I'm not sure, definitely possible but I think McClellan should have stood back anyway as he was missing with most of those shots up close.

As the commentator said, his reputation for KO1s went to his head and as a result he looked the more tired fighter in the second round when Benn started to lever his way into the fight.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 01-09-2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Froch on points in an absolute war.

Comment

Weebler,McClellan was a great finisher and that's exactly how he got the job done,swarming on hurt fighters
              The ref allowed way too many rabbit punches too
              Cortez was too involved in the Mayweather Hatton fight but even on the inside Hatton couldn't get his punches off
              I do agree that both ref's were wrong but Hatton couldn't beat Mayweather anyway

Comment

Froch on points.

I would have had the first 6 rounds as an absolute war, with Froch taking over and clearly winning it over the last 6.

Comment

I honestly fought the majority would vote for Benn.

Comment

I know Froch is hot right now but wasn't Benn a beast?

Comment

You couldn't resist to bring up the Mayweather-Fatton fight. "Oi the ref robbed the 'Itman 'Atton of a feckin victory 'e did."

Get over it mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X