Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise, surprise, Donaire continues to duck Rigo. .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares about the size difference? Marroquin is bigger then Nonito, and Rigo dropped him twice, once in the 12th.

People are acting like Marroquin had Rigo chicken dancing from jabs. They were legit shots, and Rigo recovered.

The only legit reason maybe is Rigo needs to add one more victory at 122.

This other shit is nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Boxrec has Rigo at 5'5, and donaire at 5'6
      might want to check again....

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
        Mayweather was hurt by Corley.
        Rigo does not = Floyd in terms of skill. Your argument is invalid.

Comment

I cant stand him man. Rigo is the CHAMP! Why wouldn't you want to fight the champ. Chicken!

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
            Donaire is super legit compared to Hamed, ha! Great post, though. I think at times I even underestimate Rigo's power, but there have been bouts where he's given me reason to question.

I'm still looking for all those Nishi huggers to address tonight's outstanding performance on soil that isn't Japanese.
            Rigo is a very prudent fighter. I guarantee they have a game plan for every fight, and he follows it too to the T.

Some fights the game plan is to go blast a guy out in a couple rounds, others the plan is to go out and bomb the body, other times his plan has been to make the fight painfully slow and pile up points.

His power is obviously there. Even as an amateur he was dropping dudes left and right with one punch, and still whenever he starts to put mustard behind is shots, dudes fall, and they fall hard.

Rigo is probably one of the hardest body punchers in the sport at the moment as well. That bollo left to the body is absolutely BRUTAL.

Comment

Nonito would destroy him..a decent amateur thats all he is/was..pro boxing is a different game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                C'mon now. Like Narvaez or Mathebula had a following and/or generated money or excitement for that matter??

And I beg to differ that Cubans don't have a following... Miami, Fl. probably has more Cubans than Americans at this point (sarcasm, but just sayin).

Also during tonights fight I swear there were more people chanting Nishiokas name then there were Donaires. In fact, Donaire himself really doesn't have that big of a following outside of hard core fans either, so really - I don't know what he expects fighting at that weight.

To be perfectly honest, I don't see how anyone could really be a worse choice or less "exciting" for Donaire than some of his last few fights have been..... and I like Nonito, I really do. But his excuse was just lame IMO.
                They are Low risk, low reward.
                Rigo = high risk, low reward.

How many Cuban pros have had a Cuban following? Exactly. The Cuban population isn't as big as Mexican and Puerto Rico. Donaire is a huge name among the new found Filipino fan base, that was generated by Pacquiao.

When he mentioned exciting, he was talking about his preparation for a fight.

Let's take a look at fights Donaire has been excited for during prep:
                Darchinyan
                Montiel
                Marquez
                Nishioka

The results were clear.

A lot of you look at boxers as your entertainers and movie-like figures, but you have to realize this is how they make their living. They spend at least 3 months training vigorously to fight someone to earn a paycheck. It's hectic. Rigo does not present, by any means, a money making fight. There's a good chance Donaire loses to Rigo, so lets play cause and effect. So if Nonito DID lose against Rigo, that means he gets lowered on the totem poll. When you lose, you don't quite make the same amount of money your next fight. Especially if you lose to someone like Rigo. So how would you like making 50% less on your next few paychecks all because you took a high-risk low-reward choice? Nonito might as well wait it out till someone with a bigger name steps up to Rigo and loses before Rigo earns a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                  i'm not excited about a donaire-rigo fight. rigo is already a defensive fighter and he would just turn into a ultra-defensive fighter against donaire especially with his suspect chin. he would just shell-up all night fighting tentatively and i fcuking hate it when one fighter would just try to cover up waiting for opportunity while the other is initiating all the action.

most of donaire's opponents lately were like that. they try to bore him with almost no activity so he would turn reckless. rigo would do the same thing. good thing donaire showed some patience against nishioka. if he would fight like that, rigo has no chance.
                  Donaire was so superior to the #1 at 122 it was unbelievable.

The only times he let his hands go he got dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by illwill112 View Post
                    Rigo does not = Floyd in terms of skill. Your argument is invalid.
                    You are right, he is much more skilled than Floyd. Whether or not he has the intangibles that Floyd has is yet to be determined, but skill wise, there isn't anyone in the sport that can match him at this point.

Comment

Ducking a fighter depends on someone's perspective. Nonito just won a fight against a great Japanese fighter who many people said didn't show up at all.

If Nonito won't fight rigo at the moment, the winner of mare-moreno would be a good choice but then again promotion may be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X