Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chuck Wepner Movie (The Real Rocky Balboa)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Not too long ago I watched the ESPN documentary of him titled The Real Rocky. It was a good documentary. I recall reading the list of Wepner's injuries when he fought Liston which included 72 stitches to his face and a broken cheekbone.
    Yeah that was a great docu man. Chuck Wepner was a unique character, imagine him and Randall Tex Cobb doing a buddy flick together?

Comment

His Ali story is so over blown. He stepped on Ali's foot, didn't even really punch him hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-O Suave View Post
        Linx!?!?!?!
        I downloaded it from World Boxing Video Archive, I'll try to upload it somewhere and add it to the video thread.

Comment

Really looks good. I like Liev Schreiber and he seems perfect for the role! Wepner was a character worthy of a movie.

" before his historic fight with the champion, Muhammad Ali, Wepner gave his then wife, Phyllis a powder-blue negligee beforehand, telling her she'd be spending the night with the heavyweight champion of the world.

"I come back to the hotel and she’s sitting on the edge of the bed in the negligee. She says, “Am I going to Ali’s room or is he coming to mine?' " Wepner recalls. "She had a sense of humor."

Comment

I uploaded this version with with commentary ESPN's original HD @ 50fps:

1080p ESPEN HD Same Version from FameKillusions channel:

Last edited by iamboxing; 05-04-2017, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              Yeah that was a great docu man. Chuck Wepner was a unique character, imagine him and Randall Tex Cobb doing a buddy flick together?

Yeah, it's too bad Stallone tried to side step him out of his money. Would have been cool to see him in some movies. Imagine Wepner and Cobb if they could have gone at it in a mythical match up. Slugfest. Cobb by KO in mid rounds in a bloody battle. LOL.

Comment

Liev Schreiber and Ron Perlman sells me on it

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                  Wow. I can't believe they're giving this bum his own movie. Such a waste. Pretty funny that Liev Shriber plays him since he does all the HBO 24/7 commentaries. Ha.
                  Explain..................

Comment

Glorified can, might as well make a movie about gabe rosado.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      Yeah, it's too bad Stallone tried to side step him out of his money. Would have been cool to see him in some movies. Imagine Wepner and Cobb if they could have gone at it in a mythical match up. Slugfest. Cobb by KO in mid rounds in a bloody battle. LOL.
                      Its funny because I think Wepner wanted to be the lead role of Rocky since STallone told him he wrote the film about him, but Stallone insisted he be the star because the studios wouldnt let a guy like Wepner act in a movie lead.

Stallone ****ed Wepner bad, also people didnt want to work with him because apparently Stallone made sure Wepner got no roles during their feud and it hurt him.

Comment

Working...
                      X