Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the mens American silver medalist making his debut on a PPV no one is buying?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
    Yes Ward and James Prince are co-managing Stevenson.

And to be clear, the PPV is the Pacquiao fight, the tv undercard will be at a different location, with Valdez "headlining" that card as the PPV cofeature
    Where are you getting this information?

Comment

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ssie-magdaleno

Edit: this triple header "could be" the tv undercard of Pacquiao-Khan PPV, but will happen regardless of that fight being finalized

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
        http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ssie-magdaleno

Edit: this triple header "could be" the tv undercard of Pacquiao-Khan PPV, but will happen regardless of that fight being finalized
        That article is a couple days old. Yesterday Koncz came out, after meeting with Arum, and said the Khan-Pacquiao fight has been moved to May 19th.

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-...eeting--114105

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Shakur Stevenson is making his debut on that Oscar Valdez vs. Miguel Marriaga Top Rank PPV.

Stevenson, who hails from Newark, N.J., stunned the boxing world as he signed a deal with Top Rank, after reportedly being courted by Floyd Mayweather and Roc Nation to sign a promotional deal. He will appear in a six round bout in his pro debut. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/oscar-val....AfoNo3cC.dpuf
          Oh... For some reason I thought you were talking about Valdez. He hasn't even won a medal has he?

Anyway, yea, you have a point. Why is he even on that ****ty PPV? Arum is washed up. He is showcasing Loma in Maryland next which makes no sense to me and now putting Stevenson in that PPV (which I didnt even know about). Time for Bobby to hang them up.

Comment

Bob Arum said because he wants Stevenson to gain new fans (Mexicans)

Can't find the article, I just read it today though.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
              Bob Arum said because he wants Stevenson to gain new fans (Mexicans)

Can't find the article, I just read it today though.
              Well put him on that Unimas card with Conlan. More Mexicans will watch that card than this one.

Comment

LOL, there are ways around PPV. Back in The Day of analog cable, I had the "box". Now, we have Streaming websites on the computer. When there's a will, there's a way LOL. I would imagine that at least 50% of PP Viewers, don't, well, Pay. Is this going to get me in jail LOL?

Comment

And it's in Arizona, he's from New Jersey.
                  The fight card is at Stubhub, not Arizona.

Given the weight divisions Stevenson will be fighting in, this won't be his last fight in the So Cal market, or his last on a Valdez/Ramirez fight card.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                    The fight card is at Stubhub, not Arizona.

Given the weight divisions Stevenson will be fighting in, this won't be his last fight in the So Cal market, or his last on a Valdez/Ramirez fight card.
                    Even further away from New Jersey. Black fighters aren't successful in SoCal. Bradley is from SoCal and he can't even sell tickets. He needs to be on the east coast. Crawford doesn't fight in SoCal for that exact same reason. When Bob isn't fighting him in Omaha he fights him on the East Coast. It's stupid to have his debut on a in SoCal on a PPV card nobody is going to watch. Crawford's next fight is in New Jersey, and on HBO. He should be on that card

Comment

Even further away from New Jersey. Black fighters aren't successful in SoCal. Bradley is from SoCal and he can't even sell tickets. He needs to be on the east coast. Crawford doesn't fight in SoCal for that exact same reason. When Bob isn't fighting him in Omaha he fights him on the East Coast. It's stupid to have his debut on a in SoCal on a PPV card nobody is going to watch. Crawford's next fight is in New Jersey, and on HBO. He should be on that card
                      That Crawford fight is a month after this card....what makes you think Stevenson won't be on that fight card?

Comment

Working...
                      X