Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Roy Jones Jr Making a Mockery Of The Sport Of Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Roy Jones Jr Making a Mockery Of The Sport Of Boxing?

Hes fighting some bare knuckle bum who claim to fame is holding some IBA cruiserweight title lmfao dont ask me wtf iba is.

his opponent in action fighting some dumb body guards lmfao

Yes
    33.33%
    NO
    66.67%

Every-man has a right to fight! Roy Jones is not making a mockery of sport! men have been fighting since the beginning of time! inside of the ring, and outside of the ring. Boxing is a metaphor to life! and once you lose that fight in you? you die! If Basketball was Roy Jones's Passion, nobody would be criticizing him! I bet you that Michael Jordan still shoots some hoops and plays about on a basketball court!

What Roy Jones is doing now, is the same thing that all the great fighters have done! warriors/gladiators fight until they cant fight anymore (Until there is nothing left!) You can't domesticate a Lion, and even those Lions that are living in captivity within a zoo? they probably dream of running free in the wild, living on the edge! fighting other lions and hunting for a living! And in some ways metaphorically........boxers are excalty the same! some fighters never become totally civilized!

And Roy Jones is one of those fighters, he was never totally civilized! That fire is still burning inside of him, its still flickering...

He is a free man, let him fight!
    Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 02-08-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I don't think it's a mockery. Will I be watching it? No. He should have retired after the Calzaghe loss. I do wish he'd retire but this isn't the most absurd thing I've seen. Ali vs. Antonio Inoki was pretty carnival-like. We all know that boxing follows the mighty dollar. I can think of plenty of other factors that mock the sport(all the titles for one).

Comment

I don't think Roy represents boxing in the public eye anymore so, no, he's not making a mockery of boxing. What he's making a mockery of is the legend of Roy Fuqing Jones...

Comment

Well, TBH, even this guy can KO Jones at this point.

Comment

I voted no but after watching that film I would change my vote to yes. The great Roy Jones shouldn't lower himself to fight a clown like that. They are sparring on some kind of very hard surface and if a man was knocked down and hit his head it could cause serious injury. They are fighting a round with no ending that just goes on forever. His opponent throws about 100 jabs and misses every one of them. All in all it was a complete circus act. That was one of the strangest and most unprofessional so called boxing or sparring matches I've ever seen. I still can't believe it. It was like a scene from a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I voted no but after watching that film I would change my vote to yes. The great Roy Jones shouldn't lower himself to fight a clown like that. They are sparring on some kind of very hard surface and if a man was knocked down and hit his head it could cause serious injury. They are fighting a round with no ending that just goes on forever. His opponent throws about 100 jabs and misses every one of them. All in all it was a complete circus act. That was one of the strangest and most unprofessional so called boxing or sparring matches I've ever seen. I still can't believe it. It was like a scene from a movie.

My lord...

Comment

Roy loves to box, its in his blood just because he was so great doesn't mean he cannot continue when he is passed his best, so long as he is matched to his current ability let the man do what he loves to do.

Comment

Mockery? No, his fights barely make it to youtube. How's that any different from your average amateur/pub weekend fight? He loves fighting and it's something he enjoys. I am concerned about his health though.

Comment

He needs the money...plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                    X