Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Anybody Else Think That Cuadras Ran a Lot Last Night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He moves a lot and can mix it up. Thats his style

Comment

'Ran' a lot? Do you mean did you used his legs a lot? Because that's what fighters use as a form of defence, to stop themselves from taking damage and therefore standing a higher chance of winning the fight, as well as protecting their long term health.

It takes great skill and endurance to use your legs for 12 rounds like Cuadras did yesterday, he also threw over 800 punches, 800.

Fighters fight how they want, Cuadras isn't going to stop moving and take punishment because a few nerds who know nothing boxing want him to. You're not the one who's being punched in the face while gasping for oxygen.

Choco is one of the best inside fighters I've ever seen, he's an offensive juggernaut, so what do you want Cuadras to do? Not move and fight in a way that benefits his opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        'Ran' a lot? Do you mean did you used his legs a lot? Because that's what fighters use as a form of defence, to stop themselves from taking damage and therefore standing a higher chance of winning the fight, as well as protecting their long term health.

It takes great skill and endurance to use your legs for 12 rounds like Cuadras did yesterday, he also threw over 800 punches, 800.

Fighters fight how they want, Cuadras isn't going to stop moving and take punishment because a few nerds who know nothing boxing want him to. You're not the one who's being punched in the face while gasping for oxygen.

Choco is one of the best inside fighters I've ever seen, he's an offensive juggernaut, so what do you want Cuadras to do? Not move and fight in a way that benefits his opponent?
        Effective movement and great footwork is what separates a lot of good fighters from great fighters. Gonzalez has excellent footwork, always lining the toe of his lead foot up with his opponent's mid-section. I enjoy the way he twists and turns his opponents to the point of vulnerability with his footwork.

Cuadras did use effective footwork in the fight. I wasn't talking about his performance the entire fight. It did appear to me that for some bursts, he was damn near leaping across the ring, which looks like running to me. There is effective footwork and there is flat out leaping across the ring. He didn't do it the whole fight but there were times where I thought he actually didn't need to and wasted energy to be honest.

And the whole nerd comment thing is redundant. Some of you get on here and say a poster can't criticize a fighter for anything. Why the hell else are we on here? We have free speech all day long.

Comment

The better fighter won. If Cuadras wanted to hold his title he should have fought more and moved less. But this only means he would have had to trade with Choco which would not have went well for Cuadras. Choco does everything well and this is why he's a 4x champ. He put a clinic on footwork, pressure and cutting off the ring.

Comment

I think was the appropriate tactic. He wasted too much energy at times moving away instead of giving more angles

Comment

Cuadras boxed extactly the way Sergio martinez used to box and caused massive damage and Gonzales face is the proof show me just one other time he looked like that in a fight?.

Its sad the fight stolen out of cuadras hands by so called expert who dont even know what they are watching.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                Effective movement and great footwork is what separates a lot of good fighters from great fighters. Gonzalez has excellent footwork, always lining the toe of his lead foot up with his opponent's mid-section. I enjoy the way he twists and turns his opponents to the point of vulnerability with his footwork.

Cuadras did use effective footwork in the fight. I wasn't talking about his performance the entire fight. It did appear to me that for some bursts, he was damn near leaping across the ring, which looks like running to me. There is effective footwork and there is flat out leaping across the ring. He didn't do it the whole fight but there were times where I thought he actually didn't need to and wasted energy to be honest.

And the whole nerd comment thing is redundant. Some of you get on here and say a poster can't criticize a fighter for anything. Why the hell else are we on here? We have free speech all day long.
                You're not getting my point. Even if he did move for the whole fight, so what? It's his style and it's gotten him to 35-0, if one of the best inside fighters ever is trying to get inside you for every second of every round, you move for every second of every round because that's where the advantage is for you.

Words like 'running', 'exposed', 'bum' etc are extremely overused on here, I mean how can you people claim to be boxing fans yet refer to any fighter who moves as a 'runner'? Like wtf? I'm not talking about you in particular, but boxing fans in general are probably the least clued up about their sport than any other group of fans.

Comment

The bolded part is the important thing. I don't like movers when they don't let their hands go. That is'nt an issue with Cuadras.

Comment

Not at all. He moved a lot, but he was always fighting. Can't call that running.

Comment

You're not getting my point. Even if he did move for the whole fight, so what? It's his style and it's gotten him to 35-0, if one of the best inside fighters ever is trying to get inside you for every second of every round, you move for every second of every round because that's where the advantage is for you.

Words like 'running', 'exposed', 'bum' etc are extremely overused on here, I mean how can you people claim to be boxing fans yet refer to any fighter who moves as a 'runner'? Like wtf? I'm not talking about you in particular, but boxing fans in general are probably the least clued up about their sport than any other group of fans.
                      Oh those terms are thrown around a lot, no doubt. As far as what he did in the ring, he can do that all day long. That's his choice of course. I wasn't a big fan of it and just expressing my opinion. Maybe it is the only way for him to effectively fight Chocolatito. He did have some success in there.

Comment

Working...
                      X