No announcement yet.

Hearn: Kell Brook will move to 154 in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearn: Kell Brook will move to 154 in 2017

“Kell will move to light middleweight in 2017,” says Hearn to IFL TV.

“If he’s still around, we’ll definitely look at that fight,” said Hearn about Smith after Brook moves up to junior middleweight. “I don’t see Smith as a big fight in terms of what I’m talking about, which is Cotto and Canelo. I had a long chat with Kell last night. We really want to have the big fights at welterweight, and try to unify before moving up. The offer made to Kell [from Liam Smith’s promoter] was not nearly enough. It’s less than what he’s been earning, and it’s a British world title fight for Kell to become a two belt world title champion. Frank said we can just freeze our belt and move up. No, we can’t. If we decide to fight for the WBO junior middleweight title, then we lose our IBF world title. There’s no question about it. That’s a big move for us. With the [Jessie] Vargas fight in the wings, the unification fight, really, it’s not something we’re looking to do yet. People in boxing think Brook-Liam is a big fight, but I’m not sure that it is. People like Liam and Terry [Flanagan] are suffering terribly with their profile. I heard there was 1000 to 1,500 people last Saturday night at the Echo Arena. This was a homecoming of a Liverpool world champion. I don’t feel that fight [Brook vs. Smith] is that big outside boxing, and I feel the same way about Flanagan-Crolla as well. Liam is very, very good.”

In what year was Spence set to fight Brook?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      In what year was Khan nearly killed by Canelo?

Before the fight Khan was telling everyone he would beat the dude easier than Floyd did

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Brook & Hearn has been talking about 154 since Spence was in the Olympics.

Hardly a tactic to duck

Comment

Would be a shame if he doesn't fight spence before then

Comment

Spence's people needs to jump at the chance now! I'd why they didn't take the fight instead of Vargas. Oh well...

Comment

I think Brook is very good but he will have his hands full at 154. It may actually be a deeper and better weight class than 147. Lara lives there and so do the Charlo twins, and Andrate . Canelo may return to 154. Vanes is no walk in the park and either is Trout. Cotto is still very good. There are other good up and comers at 154.

Comment

I was impressed with Brook after the Porter fight, but he has done nothing since.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I think Brook is very good but he will have his hands full at 154. It may actually be a deeper and better weight class than 147. Lara lives there and so do the Charlo twins, and Andrate . Canelo may return to 154. Vanes is no walk in the park and either is Trout. Cotto is still very good. There are other good up and comers at 154.
                  How long do you think the Charlo brothers will be there?
                  I think Spence will be there before long as well.

Brook vs Cotto, Canelo, Lara, Andrade etc would all be great fights.

Comment

Brook should be aiming to clean up Welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X