Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats Canelo's next move here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo just needs to make and win some meaningful fights. Imagine if he fought the winner of Charlo/Jackson for the WBC, then unified with the winner of Lara/Martirosyn and the winners of Charlo/Trout/Williams - he'd be the unified champ at 154 and have a lot of momentum going into a Golovkin fight just like Trinidad had before he fought Hopkins.

Truth is those are high risk fights for Canelo, it'd be safer to fight legit MW's like Tureano Johnson and Jorge Heiland, but less glorious too. I think Lemieux and Stevens are just high risk/low reward options for Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
      Pretty sure anyone gonna tOe a fight with canelo with the amount of money he brings. I can see Crawford would take.that fight for a canelo payday.
      I'd take the bet neither of those fights are doable.

Garcia is gonna stay undefeated as long as possible via any means necessary...hence why he's being talked about most often with Broner next & not the Thurman vs Porter winner (who are both dying to fight him). I think he'd take a L for Floyd if Floyd came back, but with what Canelo is doing & what he's gonna be doing post-this bs move I don't think there is ENOUGH money for Angel & Danny. Khan might end up being his 2nd biggest PPV as the A side for a long time to come.

And Arum wouldn't let Crawford fight an older Manny at 147, he's sure as **** not gonna let Crawford move up 15lbs to fight a younger, more dangerous Canelo.

Comment

He's going to have a big fight in Mexico against Marquez, and then get school'd

Comment

Well depends on when he fights next...

I would try and do cotto fight in sept... If not cotto, then try and get Maidana... Maybe bradley

Comment

I'm just checking in to see if anyone came up with an answer yet or found a creative way to blame Haymon for paying fighters to much

Comment

He'll never live down not fighting Golovkin. He has to make this fight or the stain will never wash away.

Comment

Working...
              X