No announcement yet.

Adam Etches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Etches

Got brutally knocked out over weekend...by same guy who knocked Frank Buglioni out a few fights back...

Thoughts?

Have to admit i hadn't seen much of him but had heard a few decent things about him coming up.

Step up too soon?

I think these prospects are gonna start steering well clear of Khomitsky from now on.

that is the only time I saw him.

I thought he looked good at times. Khomitsky was tentative and must have felt his power but he get banjo'd.

Actually got caught big in the 1st round too so he isn't chinny or anything he just got caught with a pearler.

Comment

Khomitsky is a decent fighter Imo. Wouldn't count him out against anyone who I didn't think was world class.

Blackwell's draw against Khomitsky looks pretty good as well, especially as lots thought he won

Comment

I knew Etches was gonna get sparked,Khomitsky isn't no mug.But i never really rated Etches anyway.If you look at the opponents both have faced it's not hard to tell that Etches has been in with no one of note.I don't even think Etches fought any English guys or if he has he's faced very little.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
          I knew Etches was gonna get sparked,Khomitsky isn't no mug.But i never really rated Etches anyway.If you look at the opponents both have faced it's not hard to tell that Etches has been in with no one of note.I don't even think Etches fought any English guys or if he has he's faced very little.
          People look at Khomitsky and see he has plenty of losses and his record wouldn't suggest he's a good puncher but really it doesn't do him justice.

He's way too much for untested prospects like Buglioni and Etches. I'm very surprised their promoters thought he was a good stepping stone for a prospect.

Comment

Seen highlights and bits here and there but first thing I noticed and commented on was how lazy and slow that jab was, the knockout was inevitable.
            You might get away with it at a lower level but a seasoned fighter will pick up on it and make you pay with interest.

Several steps too soon. That kid shouldn't be put back in with anyone anywhere near the level of Khomitsky. Forget a rematch! Far too experienced to lose to somebody that raw and who on earth is his trainer? Isn't the jab the first thing you are taught in boxing?

He is not very good or talented in truth but his power can maybe see him overachieve if it hasn't already.

Comment

Etches just isn't that good, despite some hype.

No head movement, no lateral movement, comes forward with his chin exposed.

He has power and some nice combinations but is far from a realistic prospect at the moment.

His opponent last weekend is no mug, he has been in with some of the very best at MW and despite having a very low KO% he made easy work of Etches.

His tattoo made me smile - who has their surname in huge block capitals across their own back?

In case anyone might forget which fighter he is?

Comment

I never thought Adam was good. That counter was a thing of beauty.

I wouldn't call it step up too soon. He should be beating this level of competition at this point of his career.

Comment

Well if anyone knows who Victor Jarvis is, hes a trainer that lives close to me, apparently he used to train etches and his nephew spoke to me about him saying that etches hits hard but cant hold a shot at all, this was 2 years ago so i guess what he was saying is true.

Feel bad for etches hopefully hell bounce back but its hard to see him get to world level in my opinion.

Comment

Etches didnt look that impressive at all to be honest, robotic, movement wasnt there, no guile or strategy really. Bit dissapointed as i'd heard he was a good prospect, dont know where he goes from here

Comment

Working...
                    X