No announcement yet.

Why do you prefer Boxing over MMA or any other sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you prefer Boxing over MMA or any other sport

Sorry guys.....I should have worded this topic a lot better. I'm not really trying to compare boxing to other sports. More of why you prefer boxing and how you got into it.

We got a great night of boxing tonight. Figured I would try to get all the boxing fans, Pac fans, and Floyd fans on the same team for a little while.

Why do you prefer boxing over other sports?
    How did you get into boxing?

Sure we can draw a few comparisons between boxing and other sports, but instead, why do we follow boxing and not the others or not follow the others as much as we do with boxing.
    This is just one of many reasons. A fight can end in a few seconds, go the distance or end at any moment.
    Last edited by reppa; 04-26-2014, 11:20 AM. Reason: Should have worded better

Lol at boxing fans, Floyd fans and PAC fans.
    I love boxing more than MMA because I'm a bigger fan of hand to hand combat.
    The best MMA fights to me are the ones that the fight is fought mostly standing up. I like kickboxing a lil bit. I don't really watch wrestling or Jiu Jitsu too much but I can appreciate it being done in MMA. I actually think MMA is the real way to fight. Anything goes, well not anything but u know what i mean. Boxing is #1 but it's just punching at the end of the day. MMA includes punching, kicking, slamming, choking etc......

Comment

Something to me is missing with MMA. It just doesn't evoke any hype or emotion from me. And truly it's just a utterly boring sport when competed with at the highest level.

Comment

Boxing and MMA are 2 different sports...I don't know why people feel the need to pick a side.

Boxing is my favorite sport,but I'm a fight fan so I'll watch any combat sport.

Comment

Good question, maybe I'd enjoy MMA more if the sport had longer history (Let me finish) which would in turn make fighters more versatile and I don't have to waste time seeing them roll around the ground whilst doing nothing or displaying shitty striking skills. That's how I honestly feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            Lol at boxing fans, Floyd fans and PAC fans.
            I love boxing more than MMA because I'm a bigger fan of hand to hand combat.
            The best MMA fights to me are the ones that the fight is fought mostly standing up. I like kickboxing a lil bit. I don't really watch wrestling or Jiu Jitsu too much but I can appreciate it being done in MMA. I actually think MMA is the real way to fight. Anything goes, well not anything but u know what i mean. Boxing is #1 but it's just punching at the end of the day. MMA includes punching, kicking, slamming, choking etc......
            lol. I had to do it. I have tried to get into MMA, but I just can't. Guess I can't appreciate the caveman-like skills it takes to pound on someone when they are on the ground. I use to watch a little kickboxing, but never really followed it.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
              Boxing and MMA are 2 different sports...I don't know why people feel the need to pick a side.

Boxing is my favorite sport,but I'm a fight fan so I'll watch any combat sport.
              Nothing wrong with liking multiple sports or different combat sports. I just want to know why some prefer it over other sports. No sides, just an opinion. Also, the trashing of other sports is just for fun. I'm trying to keep the Floyd/Pac fans from going at each other in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                Good question, maybe I'd enjoy MMA more if the sport had longer history (Let me finish) which would in turn make fighters more versatile and I don't have to waste time seeing them roll around the ground whilst doing nothing or displaying shitty striking skills. That's how I honestly feel.
                That's a good point. I never thought about the history of the sport compared to others.

Comment

Too much on the ground wrestling in MMA. I'd rather watch WWE if there gonna wrestle.

Now when MMA fighters come to fight. Like, Condit, Velasquez, Hendricks, Henderson, Melendez, etc. that is when MMA is brilliant, and great.

Jus like boxing when you have a clinch fest it's a dump.

Comment

boxing is the woman i love, mma is the woman who i fked on the side and was excited about her but i got tired of her after 3 months... the head was good tho i still think about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X