Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people have been killed by guns in America since Newtown?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In before Enayze (or anybody else, for that matter) falsely tries to equate gun registration with tyranny.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Mandatory background checks and yearly gun registration coupled with a hefty fine for those who fail to register their guns and a buyback program for illegal weapons.
      Some 80% of the gun related homicide is conducted by gangs. How soon you think the gangsters will line up to register their illegally purchased firearm which they were able to obtain from the 280 million firearms in circulation around United States?

In before Enayze (or anybody else, for that matter) falsely tries to equate gun registration with tyranny.

No you see I am not against any background checks, nor am I a Alex Jones fanatic that is paranoid about tyranny. What I am is a realist, and what you are is a mediocre mind posing as an upstanding humanitarian with the best interest of mankind.
      Last edited by Enayze; 05-19-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        Some 80% of the gun related homicide is conducted by gangs.
        *Citation needed.

How soon you think the gangsters will line up to register their illegally purchased firearm which they were able to obtain from the 280 million firearms in circulation around United States?
        It doesn't matter if they want to register or not, but a buyback program on illegal/blackmarket weapons would certainly be an incentive for those who were hard up for money. For the rest, upon being caught with an unregistered firearm, you'd have the firearm confiscated and destroyed, and you'd be fined a to-be-determined amount.

No questions asked. Simply, really. The world doesn't run on "what ifs", Enayze. "What if" is just an indecisive person's way of doing nothing.

No you see I am not against any background checks, nor am I a Alex Jones fanatic that is paranoid about tyranny. What I am is a realist, and what you are is a mediocre mind posing as an upstanding humanitarian with the best interest of mankind.
        Yet you're completely incapable of refuting my points, which makes you an even more mediocre mind.

**** outta here with your insults and lack of statistics and specifics.

Comment

Mandatory background checks, closing the gun show loophole, and yearly gun registration coupled with a hefty fine for those who fail to register their guns and a buyback program for illegal weapons.
          The problem with this, is this only targets law abiding citizens. People who don't abide by the law...I.e. are gonna use the gun to shoot somebody.... don't give a fuk. Where there is a demand, there will be a supply. Welcome to economics 101.

Another problem, speaking to the number of gun deaths that fall outside of the drug/gang market, is that people will still kill. The bitter housewife looking to get her husbands life insurance will still kill her husband. Just, instead of said death falling under the gun category, it will fall under the poisoned category. Or bludgeoned category. Etc. The problem is pieces of **** being pieces of ****.

But I agree, possible solutions need to be tried to try and curb the numbers even more. Legalizjng drugs and some further restrictions on guns will be helpful, but ultimately the deaths will still be there. Some by guns, and others by other means.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
            The problem with this, is this only targets law abiding citizens. People who don't abide by the law...I.e. are gonna use the gun to shoot somebody.... don't give a fuk. Where there is a demand, there will be a supply. Welcome to economics 101.
            Mandatory gun registration doesn't target anybody. We register cars, for ****'s sake, why not guns?

I've already outlined what would happen to violators of the law in previous posts. Catch up.

Another problem, speaking to the number of gun deaths that fall outside of the drug/gang market, is that people will still kill. The bitter housewife looking to get her husbands life insurance will still kill her husband. Just, instead of said death falling under the gun category, it will fall under the poisoned category. Or bludgeoned category. Etc. The problem is pieces of **** being pieces of ****.
            People will still kill, sure. But look at the national statistics from the FBI for annual homicides by means other than guns. You might be surprised at how ****ing low they are.

What you're suggesting is that we do absolutely nothing because it won't help, which is an apathetic and defeatist stance that has no place in a serious conversation amongst adults. Either give me legitmate alternatives debating the issue or GTFO. Seriously.

But I agree, possible solutions need to be tried to try and curb the numbers even more. Legalizjng drugs and some further restrictions on guns will be helpful, but ultimately the deaths will still be there. Some by guns, and others by other means.
            There's something we can agree on. But drug legalization is something that's still incredibly far beyond our reach right now. Gun registration and mandatory background checks aren't.

Comment

A recap of this thread for those just joining us......

Me : "Holy ****! Almost as many Americans have been murdered in cold blood by guns in America in the past 5 months as have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001."

Everybody else : "Drugs and gangs, lulz!"

Comment

Gun registration and mandatory background checks seems like an easy and logical way to reduce gun violence, i don't understand why people are so against it.

Comment

*Citation needed.

http://usconservatives.about.com/od/...erspective.htm

It doesn't matter if they want to register or not, but a buyback program on illegal/blackmarket weapons would certainly be an incentive for those who were hard up for money. For the rest, upon being caught with an unregistered firearm, you'd have the firearm confiscated and destroyed, and you'd be fined a to-be-determined amount.

No questions asked. Simply, really. The world doesn't run on "what ifs", Enayze. "What if" is just an indecisive person's way of doing nothing.
                  Let me ask you something, do you really believe the nonsense you just wrote there? And when you wrote it did you actually get some sort of smug satisfaction of victory when hitting the submit button?

Yet you're completely incapable of refuting my points, which makes you an even more mediocre mind.

**** outta here with your insults and lack of statistics and specifics.

Your points are stupid to begin with. Especially when you think that the gangsters who commit 80% of these homicides are going to go along with your asinine blueprint for gun control.

And Its ironic you should get butt hurt over insults when you conveniently wrote this prior to my response
                  Thats not to mention the insults you directed in the past for my religious beliefs. In anycase I am not thin skinned, so do your worst, but just remember
                  you are a hypocrite and a self pretentious prick.

Comment

Mandatory gun registration doesn't target anybody. We register cars, for ****'s sake, why not guns?
                    They target....people that register their guns, I.e law abiding citizens.

As shocking as it may sound, gangbangers and such don't buy their guns from dealerships.

And correct me if I'm wrong, there already is a background check, waiting period, etc for purchasing guns at a dealership? Tho if I'm not mistaken a bigger loophole exists at gun shows.

I've already outlined what would happen to violators of the law in previous posts. Catch up.
                    Felons can't have a gun anyways...legally that is. You think it matters if their are further fines or what not non them? They're already screwed of they get caught with them, let alone them not being registered to them,the guns being 'hot', etc. The problem will still exist.

People will still kill, sure. But look at the national statistics from the FBI for annual homicides by means other than guns. You might be surprised at how ****ing low they are.
                    Ive looked them up before, no disagreement there. Just say in, those numbers will rise if the gun medium is taken out(which it won't/can't be)

What you're suggesting is that we do absolutely nothing because it won't help, which is an apathetic and defeatist stance that has no place in a serious conversation amongst adults. Either give me legitmate alternatives debating the issue or GTFO. Seriously.
                    I'm saying reality's a b1tch. Its the world we live in. Have you heard about the new 3d AutoCAD printable guns, that anybody can do from there homes? Its some crazy ****, and a testament to the changing world we live in.

There's something we can agree on. But drug legalization is something that's still incredibly far beyond our reach right now. Gun registration and mandatory background checks aren't.
                    Beyond our reach? How? Legislation decriminalizing them is a huge start, but that would actually require Obama to do something.

Comment

A recap of this thread for those just joining us......

Me : "Holy ****! Almost as many Americans have been murdered in cold blood by guns in America in the past 5 months as have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001."

Everybody else : "Drugs and gangs, lulz!"

Comment

Working...
                      X