Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a JEW translate this plz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's wrong to come out with flags? Patriotism is a part of sports (especially in boxing) and nothing Salita did last night suggested he intended to cause racial riots in the stands. I'm guessing it's your own reservations against Israel that's making you think it was inappropriate for Salita to wave the Israeli flag.

Comment

Originally posted by NSX-R View Post
      So it's wrong to come out with flags? Patriotism is a part of sports (especially in boxing) and nothing Salita did last night suggested he intended to cause racial riots in the stands. I'm guessing it's your own reservations against Israel that's making you think it was inappropriate for Salita to wave the Israeli flag.

last I checked he was an American citizen with Ukranian ethnicity. Where did Israel come from?

Comment

Originally posted by NSX-R View Post
        After all the racism his family experienced in Ukraine, I doubt that Salita is very proud of being Ukrainian.

Israel is a very special place to Jews especially to the Orthodox. It's their Holy Land just as Mecca is to Muslims. So what if Salita brought the Israeli flag? Khan is proud to be Pakistani even though he's not a citizen. He even wore the Pakistani national colors last night!
        the difference is that Amir Khan is originally from Pakistan and Salita is Ukrainian living in the US, so where is his loyalty here?
        Everyone knows that jews wherever they live, have a double loyalty, for the country they live in and for Israel. Any jew, regardless where he lives, can step into the Israeli embassy and apply for citizenship and join the Israel army. The funny thing though, as a american you are not allowed to join any foreign army service except for the Israeli...

If war ever broke out (highly unlikely as they are stunch allies) between US and Israel, all jews in the US would join the Israeli side, that's a fact whether some like to hear it or not.
        Last edited by southpaw_07; 12-06-2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
          last I checked he was an American citizen with Ukranian ethnicity. Where did Israel come from?
          Salita is a Jew.
          Israel is a Jewish state.
          Hence Salita is entiteld to a Israeli citizenship if he wants one. He also has ethnical and historical ties to the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
            Salita is a Jew.
            Israel is a Jewish state.
            Hence Salita is entiteld to a Israeli citizenship if he wants one. He also has ethnical and historical ties to the country.

lol............. no comment

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
              To be accurate, Salita's not Slavic like the Klitschkos. He's Jewish. And JJM135#1 and I already answered your flag questions.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                the difference is that Amir Khan is originally from Pakistan
                Although a tourist could be forgiven for thinking otherwise, Bolton is actually in the UK. Khan is of Pakistani descent which, like Irish-Americans and African-Americans etc, he has every right to be proud of.

The Allah Akhbar stuff is just Hamed being a prick. He was a wonderful boxer but despite being rich, he is still uneducated and quite dumb. Although he's not shy about his faith, Amir Khan has never tried to be provocative about it, unlike Hamed.

I cringed when Hamed went off on his Arabic chant against Barrera, I think. To coin a wrestling term, he was trying to be a heel character but probably didn't help out his religion at all. FWIW, I find it cringe worthy when sportsmen of all faiths start turning their post-event interview into a sermon.

Comment

Khan's an openly devout Muslim but he's no fundamentalist. He's respective of other religions, very proud to be British, and not afraid to say Merry Christmas! What can I say, I'm a fan.

Comment

The bull**** piles up in these threads so fast, you need wings to stay above it.

An Israeli flag shouldn't even exist...

That's called ethnic-cleansing, the same thing the Jews charged the Nazis with doing.... yet when they do it, it's called reclaiming your birth right. If there was any justice in this world; Israel would be in Germany ..... and Europeans would get a clearer understanding of the Jewish mindset towards Gentiles.

Comment

Originally posted by boeing747 View Post
                      FWIW, I find it cringe worthy when sportsmen of all faiths start turning their post-event interview into a sermon.
                      Seconded... Holyfield could have started his own church.

Comment

Working...
                      X