Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Ready To Fight "One-Dimensional" Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac got his ATG reputation by tearing up respected fighters and making them say no mas fight after fight.

PBF hopes to get his ATG status the lazy man and cheaters way. By watching Pac beating everyone, while he retires and chills out, letting pac do all the hard work. And then hopefully beat Pac at the end of it in a one off fight. So basically pac beats 10 great opponents, while PBF hopes to get the credit in one fight against Pac.

PBF is counting on the possibility that at least one of those fighter would have softened Pac upp for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunwizard View Post
      (CNN) -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. has said he is ready to make the big-money fight with newly crowned WBO welterweight world champion Manny Pacquiao happen.

After victory in Las Vegas over Puerto Rico's Miguel Cotto on Saturday, Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach said the "whole world" now wanted to see a fight with Mayweather.

Reacting to the proposition the undefeated 32-year-old, who formerly held the WBC title at welterweight, told British broadcaster Sky Sports: "If he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather all he has to do is step up to the plate."

The twice-voted Ring magazine fighter of the year added that he felt Pacquiao's approach was one-dimensional but the Filipino would be a favorite with the crowd.

"The thing is with Pacquaio I don't see any versatility as a fighter; he's a good puncher but just one-dimensional.

"The world's going to go 'wow' if Floyd Mayweather gets beaten. That's what everyone is looking to see.

"If I beat Manny Pacquaio do you know what they are going to say? 'You are supposed to beat him, you are Floyd Mayweather, you are the bigger man'. If I knock him out they'll say 'you're supposed to knock him out he's been knocked out before'.

"I'm in a no-win situation and when I beat him no one is going to be surprised because he's been beaten before; whatever I do to Pacquaio has been done before - he's been beaten on three occasions. And if I knock him out I don't want the world shouting because he's been knocked out twice before."

If the fight goes ahead it is expected to challenge the mark set by Oscar De La Hoya's bout with Floyd Mayweather for the most profitable in history.

Money generated from pay-per-view subscriptions earned the two fighters an estimated combined total of $77 million in 2007.

Mayweather, whose nickname is "Money," said: "If I go out and make $60-75 million in one night; come on - I'm not losing."
      PBF lost as an amaatuer many times as well. So if Pac beats PBF its no big deal as well. People will say PBF lost before already.
      Plus DLH nearly beat him, and Castillo, and because people know Pac is much better than DLH and Castillo, people expect Pac to beat PBF.

If PBF were to beat Pac though it would shock the world. No one seems to be able to beat Pac in his last 6 fights or so, against real class opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Songbird View Post
        I dont agree with people who say that floyd cherry picked baldo over cheato either. So we agree on that one. IMO floyd was right to go for the titles and beat baldo. If someone was going on about that i must have missed it. But you have to admit also that cheato did call out floyd to his face and offer him big money, its floyds call whether he takes it or not. He did turn down cheato but he had good reason in that case. This wasnt about mosley but i agree with you mosley and most of the WW division did the same as floyd as avoided williams. I always say that too. The problem i have is that after hatton, all three of those guys, cotto, mosley and williams were looking for floyd and he retired. I cant understand that. Do you not think its strange? The pound for pound king retires with 3 top 10 p4p guys in his weight class looking to fight him. This was in 2008. Thats a major part of the reason floyd gets so much stick, can you not see that?
        I see what you are saying and understand completely and people can
        take it that way but how many fighters have retired when things were
        heating up or hot and came back to fight? Cotto and Mosley are still
        there and now so is Pac who is the NEW P4P #1 guy in the sport of
        Boxing and Floyd is about to fight him, so there you go. Floyd does
        what Floyd wants and I think it's smart because Mosley and Cotto
        did what the fans wanted and the sport and look what happened?
        Both got thrown under the bus. Mosley was almost a memory if it
        wasn't for the Margarito win and Cotto is getting backs turned on
        him left and right with people saying he needs to retire with only 2
        Losses? I want Floyd to fight all the top guys because I know he
        can and possibly beat them all but honestly and truthfully Boxing is
        a business and things just don't work how we see or think they should.
        If you ask me, Floyd is back at the right time because Pac is the man
        to beat. Manny brought a lil clarity to the sport, he's a walking beast
        man and that's the man that Floyds needs to beat. JMM was just to
        set up Manny Pacquiao. Get JMM out the way from beefing about a fight
        with Pac by whupping his ass and go after the man. Floyd came back
        for his slot and to get paid. I see things alot from a business perspective
        because that is the way the world works unfortunately but it is a
        reality and if you look at it, Floyd timing is impeccable. The masses
        don't want to see him fight Mosley, Cotto, Williams. They want to
        see him get it on with Pacquiao and rightfully so because he is the man!
        In regards to Margarito, that whole deal fell through because Floyd wanted
        the 8Mil for Margarito, a 10Mil guarantee for Cotto/Hatton in the future
        and a fight with Oscar De La Hoya which Arum didn't want to make
        because he felt like he wouldn't make much $ off the fight. Now doesn't
        that sound like Floyd and Arum? Straight facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          PBF lost as an amaatuer many times as well. So if Pac beats PBF its no big deal as well. People will say PBF lost before already.
          Plus DLH nearly beat him, and Castillo, and because people know Pac is much better than DLH and Castillo, people expect Pac to beat PBF.

If PBF were to beat Pac though it would shock the world. No one seems to be able to beat Pac in his last 6 fights or so, against real class opponents.
          Man, what are you really talking about?? Floyd was 84-6 as amateur, and a U.S. Olympic bronze medalist. The olympics is the pinnacle of an amateur boxing career. No disrespect, but some people on this forum just hate with absolutely no facts to support their point of view. But I guess that is the great thing about these forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by ncpitbull View Post
            Man, what are you really talking about?? Floyd was 84-6 as amateur, and a U.S. Olympic bronze medalist. The olympics is the pinnacle of an amateur boxing career. No disrespect, but some people on this forum just hate with absolutely no facts to support their point of view. But I guess that is the great thing about these forums.
            Theres nothing wrong with my comment. If you think there is something wrong with my comment you must also think there is something wrong with PBFs flawed argument that Pac has lost before.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Theres nothing wrong with my comment. If you think there is something wrong with my comment you must also think there is something wrong with PBFs flawed argument that Pac has lost before.
              What you call a flawed argument, some call a fact. Fact is that Pacman does have 3 loses, two by K.O. That in now way changes the fact, that this is a fight that most fight fans want to see. All of this can be settled in the ring between these two fighters. I give Floyd the edge, because of his counter punching ability, but it's still a competitive matchup. My guess is that Floyd completely dismantles and dominates Pac. The great thing is, no matter what order you have them in, it's still the two best fighters P4P in the ring together. I'm ready to see it, should be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jiddu Dali View Post

Bro, you're about to lose that bet about May/Marq making more PPV buys than Pac/Cot.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  I see what you are saying and understand completely and people can
                  take it that way but how many fighters have retired when things were
                  heating up or hot and came back to fight? Cotto and Mosley are still
                  there and now so is Pac who is the NEW P4P #1 guy in the sport of
                  Boxing and Floyd is about to fight him, so there you go. Floyd does
                  what Floyd wants and I think it's smart because Mosley and Cotto
                  did what the fans wanted and the sport and look what happened?
                  Both got thrown under the bus. Mosley was almost a memory if it
                  wasn't for the Margarito win and Cotto is getting backs turned on
                  him left and right with people saying he needs to retire with only 2
                  Losses? I want Floyd to fight all the top guys because I know he
                  can and possibly beat them all but honestly and truthfully Boxing is
                  a business and things just don't work how we see or think they should.
                  If you ask me, Floyd is back at the right time because Pac is the man
                  to beat. Manny brought a lil clarity to the sport, he's a walking beast
                  man and that's the man that Floyds needs to beat. JMM was just to
                  set up Manny Pacquiao. Get JMM out the way from beefing about a fight
                  with Pac by whupping his ass and go after the man. Floyd came back
                  for his slot and to get paid. I see things alot from a business perspective
                  because that is the way the world works unfortunately but it is a
                  reality and if you look at it, Floyd timing is impeccable. The masses
                  don't want to see him fight Mosley, Cotto, Williams. They want to
                  see him get it on with Pacquiao and rightfully so because he is the man!
                  In regards to Margarito, that whole deal fell through because Floyd wanted
                  the 8Mil for Margarito, a 10Mil guarantee for Cotto/Hatton in the future
                  and a fight with Oscar De La Hoya which Arum didn't want to make
                  because he felt like he wouldn't make much $ off the fight. Now doesn't
                  that sound like Floyd and Arum? Straight facts.
                  Cotto and mosley may still be there but there is no chance of floyd fighting them now. When floyd retired he had no idea that someone like pac would come tearing up the weights and start beating the likes of cotto. Floyd choose to retire for his own reasons but if you retire in a hot division as you say, without having fought any of them you are leaving yourself open to criticism no matter who you are. Plus, when you refuse flatout to fight mosley it only adds to the impression. Some floyd fans get exasperated at the stick floyd gets but imo he deserves a lot of it simply because he left unfinished business at the WW division, comes back and refuses to fight the no 1 WW at the time. Williams is now gone, cotto is damaged from the hard fights he choose, mosley is banished and lucky for floyd pac is here. He should be thanking pac for whats hes doing, not slagging him off. Apparently now the Philippines is the home of performace enhancers and pac is full of supplements.

Comment

Working...
                  X