No announcement yet.

Need help for my brother

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for my brother

My brother is chubby and i have just got him into boxing a year ago. He fell in love with the sport because of the marquez vs vasquez trilogy. He now wants to start getting into shape. He's not trying to become a real boxer but wants to become descent at it and get in shape. He's 5'11 210 pounds of pure junk food. He will start eating alot better but wants to learn how much he should start running and training. We got a jump rope,punching bag and speed bag. Any of u guys got any advice. He actually wants to swimm here in az he hates taking off his shirt because of his fatness haha

is this your brother or you?

Comment

haha na man i already started im 6 feet 185 but i lift weights aswell. Been training for about a month. But i don't know what my bro should start with because he does 0 sports right now. I don't know how to get him started

Comment

well he is a big boy so tell him to start easy and work his way up. I would do this
        week 1: jump rope for 3 mins straight then as soon as he gets done run 1 mile a day every day. Use the punching bag 3 days a week do as many 3 min rounds as he can do, take a 1 min break between rounds. and then after the punching bag take a 5 min break then do 5 3min rounds on the speedbag and take a 1 min break between rounds.

week 2: jump rope for 7 mins then as soon as he gets done run 2 miles a day every day. Use the punching bag 4 days a week do as many 3 min rounds as he can do, take a 1 min break between rounds. and then after the punching bag take a 4 min break then do 5 3min rounds on the speedbag and take a 1 min break between rounds.

week 3: jump rope for 10 mins then as soon as he gets done run 3 miles a day every day. use the punching bag 4 days a week do as many 3 min rounds as he can do, take a 1 min bread between rounds. and then after the punching bag take a 3 min break then do 6 3 min rounds on the speedbag and take a 1 min break between rounds.

week 4,5,6,etc. : repeat week 3

if he cant run a whole mile, run as much as he can and then jog then walk.
        That should make him fit by summer, so he can swim w/ no shirt. Tell him to stick w/ the program and most importantly EAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!

p.s. The body will adapt to your workout if you don't change it up at least every month. So what i do is just switch the order of what i do. usually run, jump rope, eat heavy bag, and speed bag........... when i switch i would do eat heavy bag, speed bag, jump rope, run
        Last edited by SOY-COMO-SOY; 01-28-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
          My brother is chubby and i have just got him into boxing a year ago. He fell in love with the sport because of the marquez vs vasquez trilogy. He now wants to start getting into shape. He's not trying to become a real boxer but wants to become descent at it and get in shape. He's 5'11 210 pounds of pure junk food. He will start eating alot better but wants to learn how much he should start running and training. We got a jump rope,punching bag and speed bag. Any of u guys got any advice. He actually wants to swimm here in az he hates taking off his shirt because of his fatness haha
          eat better obviously, tell him to eat no processed foods, and eat mainly low fat foods

no eating after 7:30pm

6 small healthy meals spread out through the day

see if he can manage to run a mile (or if he cant run the whole way walk some), get him to time himself and then keep getting faster and fitter, and then increase the distance to 2 miles 3 miles etc- do that 5-6 days a week

jump rope for as long as he can, then keep building the pace and length of time he can jump rope for- again 5-6 days per week

joining a boxing gym would be good too....

hope he loses the weight

Comment

You need to run more. Daily even two miles is better than nothing. Do body weight exercises cut out the **** food. Join a boxing gym. And do rounds of jump rope and the bags at home.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Good lookin guys.817 im probably gonna try to get him to do the first week excersice. He can barely run half a mile so we might have to go a little shorter then the workout u have. But i know he loves throwing on the gloves so i will get him to hit the bag like u said. We will probably sparr together tough nothing crazy.

Comment

Working...
              X